Friday, February 23, 2007

Learning from history

My last serious relationship ended two years ago this month (happy anniversary of single-dom, I suppose!). KosherGuy and I were together for four years, and while there was a part of me that thought we'd get married and live happily ever after in suburbia (even though I hate suburbia)... there was another part of me that questioned why I was with him.

He was the one who ended it, for complicated reasons I won't go into here... but it was somewhat a relief when he did. He met someone new six months later, proposed to her a year after that, and they've now been married for 3 months. There's a part of me that is still relieved that it's her and not me... but there's still that little bit of heartache.

Maybe it's that sentiment of "how can they find someone, when I can't?". Ever get that feeling? It sucks. There's a twinge of jealousy there. Other couples' relationships often seem so rosy from the outside.

And yet... I've already been in an unhappy marriage, way too young. I'm sure people thought we were that perfect couple. Oh man... if you find yourself questioning something / someone ... don't bury that little voice. Hear it out, take it for coffee, let it talk... because you'll regret it if you don't.

3 comments:

The Dummy said...

Very nice blog you've got here. I'll definitely be reading more! Thanks for dropping by and introducing yourself.

Loverville said...

Thanks so much for popping by ... much appreciated! Visit often, and bring your friends!

(especially the cute, 30-something, single ones!)

Anonymous said...

Great idea for a blog! I wish I'd been keeping notes on all my dates over the last few years, but I've hopefully committed most of them to memory.