Friday, February 23, 2007

More history...

In the two years since my last relationship, I've kept notes on every. single. guy. I 've gone out with. And I'm up to sixty-fricking-five. And to date, none of them have been potential serious boyfriend material. Or maybe I thought they were... but in those cases, I wasn't girlfriend material for them.

This of course begs the question... what the fuck is wrong with me? I've never gone out with so many guys, with such a high failure rate! True: I have learned a lot from past exes, and learned what's important to me, what I like, and what are the deal-breakers.

Things that are important to me (in no particular order):
* nice teeth
* being open about other cultures. The guy who told me he didn't like Peru because there were "too many poor people"? Um... no.
* not too serious... but not Mr. Stand-up Comedian either

And this may seem limiting, but I have my reasons: must live in Manhattan, or VERY close by, like Hoboken or the closer parts of Brooklyn. I automatically delete guys who write to me from Westchester or Long Island. That's just not my guy.

No comments: