Friday, March 30, 2007

Back in the pool

Just got back into town -- had a great time catching up with old friends, and it was good to get out of NY for a while and not dwell on the dating scene here. (while of course, dissecting it to death with my friends!)

Had a few e-mail exchanges while I was away with Foodie Guy and AdMan -- the ball is in my court, need to call them both and set up dates for this weekend. I'm particularly excited about meeting AdMan for the first time -- he seems like a fun, smart guy.

As of now, those are the only two contenders. I usually have some kind of communication going with at least 5 or 6 guys (it's good to have a backup plan), but I'm not really feeling motivation to serial date right now.

Question of the day: to other singletons out there, do you generally try to focus on one potential date at a time, or do you prefer to juggle a few?

3 comments:

Cute Jewess said...

Welcome home! I prefer 2 or 3 at a time. At one point, I was juggling 11, and I just felt overwhelmed. Even 5-6 might be too much scheduling to worry about for my taste. But I like to have at least 2!

James said...

One at a time. Several first dates together are fine, but once its past that stage, just one girl. You know us guys - we can't multi-task.

Loverville said...

CJ: I agree -- it's always good to have backup!

James: ah, would that that were the case here in NY! It seems that people tend to move towards exclusivity more quickly in the UK, is that right?

Too often, I've had a few really good dates with a guy only to have him drop off the face of the earth with no explanation. As a result, I like to be a bit more cautious -- if I know there's one or two other guys I may be interested in, I'm not so concerned about the guy who's been abducted by aliens. (the only logical explanation, yes?)

=0)