Sunday, March 11, 2007

Second date with Foodie Man

(click here for info on first date... date #67)

I'm definitely attracted to Foodie Man (FM). He has a brusque honesty about him... and I find him very good-looking. Looks much younger than his years, excellent head of hair.

I let him choose the restaurant -- it wouldn't have been my first (or second... or third) choice... but what can I say, I'm a downtown snob, and this was quite a bit north of 14th Street. I was happy that he even had a suggestion... the last guy I consistently dated, Marathon Man, was quite clueless in that department. FM lived up to his name, and I was impressed with his wine knowledge. To decant or not to decant?

After dinner, to a local bar with lots of good kissing in a dark booth. He asked me back to his place several times (with the caveat that he had to get up early tomorrow for a race)- tempting, but I declined. Must stay strong, and resist sexual temptation... at least for several weeks.

To be honest, I'm not quite sure if I see him as Mr. Loverville... maybe just someone to have fun with? Too soon to tell. And since I'm going out of town and won't be able to see him til the end of March, it's on hold anyway.

Question of the day: when do you think is the soonest time advisable to sleep with someone new? Prevailing wisdom seems to call for at least five dates. I have one conservative friend who says she waits three months! Thoughts?

6 comments:

mimi said...

thank you for listing my blog!
i'm going to list yours....what a life we have!

Cute Jewess said...

Certainly 3 dates at least. But I'd say it depends on how long the dates are, and how close between. Good for you for resisting temptation, though. Ugh, and "But I have to get up early for a race" is so NOT the right way to invite a girl over. "I'll bring you breakfast in bed" would have been much better.

Loverville said...

Mimi -- I love your blog -- great post today!

CJ -- true that! re: the race -- he had already warned me, and we planned dinner on the early side since he had to wake up early today.

And now I'm going away for a few weeks, so it'll almost be like starting over with him when I come back... that is, if he's still around!

James said...

4 dates would be about right I think. If you're still dating at that point, what's going to change about the person over the next 4 dates? You either like them at that point, or you don't.

molly said...

Hi, I just found your blog and love it, so real.. refreshing. So, to your question, when I was a dating maniac, I imposed a 7 date rule. I was at the point where I wanted a relationship and knew, if I went out with a guy 7 times than it was long term. I also let him know the 7 date rule, after a couple of dates, just to take the pressure off. I NEVER went out with a guy more than 3-4 times that I did not really like so it worked for me. My other "rule" was that before we got intimate, we had a "talk" I did not want to sleep with anyone that was dating anyone else. So sleeping and exclusivity went together. It worked for me, after the whole daing scene, I met and married the perfect Jewish guy (I am Jewish also)

Loverville said...

Thanks for all the comments! And Molly, lucky you for finding a guy who makes you happy!

Re: the sex thing -- it's crazy, I'm thinking about sex SO much lately! Too much. Thinking of looking up an old "friend with benefits"... or possibly look for a fun fling on upcoming trip. Definitely better than jeopardizing what could be a potential relationship.

*sigh*!