Wednesday, April 4, 2007

bleh

Bleh is exactly how I'm feeling today. Been under the weather for almost a week now, just thought it was allergies -- you know the reports: "Worst allergy season EVER!"

Today, it's much worse - I'm convinced that it's probably flu symptoms. Runny nose, hacking cough, feeling weak, headaches. I'm one of those people, since I rarely get sick, it comes as a shock -- I regress, I get annoyed with myself and the illness... and I get dramatic.

And I'm REALLY annoyed that I can't get to the gym today -- too weak. Bummer -- I'd been doing so well with my "lose 10 lbs. in 10 weeks" plan. Yeah, I know, one day off won't make a difference -- that's just me kvetching and being dramatic again.

I just realized that my box of Sucrets (that's been hiding in the back of my medicine cabinet) expired in 2003. Think that makes a difference?

AdMan update:he had e'd over the weekend saying he'd call soon to set up a date (I had left the last message)... then no call. Today he e'd apologizing: he's been busy with work, he's been under the weather as well, etc, but he'd still like to get together soon. The suspense is driving me crazy! I can't wait to see if we click as well in person as we have in our e-mails. Once I feel better, that is.

OH... more in the "woe is me" category: I work up this morning with horrific tendonitis in my left arm due to tough workout yesterday. Can't bend it past a 90 degree angle, and can't straighten it much either. And it hurts like hell. And did I mention I'm a lefty? Ugh.

6 comments:

Cute Jewess said...

Ick, you sound like I felt 2 wks ago. Feel better! At least pop some aspirin for the elbow.

Loverville said...

Thanks for the good vibes!

And oh yes, I'm alternating cocktails of Tylenol Sinus / Tylenol Arthritis / Beracca, etc.

The Dummy said...

Aw, L - sorry to hear you've been under the weather. Being sick is the worst, especially when you never get sick!

And uh, it looks like you caught my post before I took it down, lol. I brought it down since it embarrassed a certain someone!

Hope you feel better soon. Oh, and if you're taking sucrets, that means you've probably got a sore throat? Try gargling with cayenne pepper. People swear by it!

Loverville said...

Hey DD,

Thanks for the sweet words and advice... but gargling with cayenne sounds a bit scary! Will see if I'm still desperate tomorrow.

Funny, that you took down your post! I can understand. Gotta keep the peace at home.

The Dummy said...

I hear the cayenne numbs the pain receptors like sucrets, only it sounds like it does it more effectively. Tell me if you actually do it, 'cause I'm curious to hear if it actually works!

James said...

Get well soon.