Sunday, April 8, 2007

Date #72 + "Girl Date"

Two dates last night -- except that one wasn't really a "date", in the true sense of the word -- Cute Jewess and I met for drinks. Let me tell you -- she IS cute, as well as funny, smart and incredibly cool!

I'm normally not in the habit of picking up other women, (that ended LONG ago, details upon request! Maybe.) but when CJ mentioned on her blog that her friend bailed on her for Saturday night, I dropped her a line and suggested that we grab a drink. I already knew that we had tons in common, and would certainly have a good laugh sharing war stories. And we did.

Alas -- I had to cut the festivities short, as I had made plans for a late-ish date with a new guy (date #72!) -- let's just call him "Average". When someone puts on their profile that they're "average / medium build" -- that's code for "chubby". Call me superficial, but I just couldn't get past that. While I've admitted here that I'm no Gisele, and am working on losing a few pounds -- I couldn't help but think that this guy would be pretty decent-looking if he lost 20, 30 pounds.

Plus -- I may have been allergic to him. I've had wicked allergies (flu?) this week, and they seemed to have subsided over the past few days. About 20 minutes after meeting Average, my dry, persistent cough came back, as well as shortness of breath.

I was home in time to catch an SNL repeat, featuring the hottie Jeremy Piven (but I've heard he's quite a dillhole in real life).

OH! I mentioned the other day that I had gone on an online e-mail blitz, writing to about 15 new guys. After a few e-mails back and forth, Blondie called me yesterday... but it took a few minutes on the phone before I realized which one he was. Of course I tried to play it cool -- but I'm sure he could hear that tentative tone in my voice -- you know the one: "Heeeyyyy, Blondie, how's your day going?", trying to ask generic questions, as I wracked my brain for clues as to which guy this could be. Must keep little notebook handy at all times. Either that, or don't answer phone calls from unrecognized numbers.

The perils of online dating! That's not nearly as bad as the guy I asked, "are you feeling better?" -- confusing him with someone else, which he knew right away. He never let it go.

4 comments:

Cute Jewess said...

Funny! So, do you like Blondie? Seems like he likes you!

Yeah, I've noticed that a guy's "Average/medium build" can sometimes mean "I have bigger boobs than you do."

spaingirl said...

Hey Loverville,
I love your blog. So funny, and you write really well. Just wondering..have you had any Seinfeld moments like where Jerry had to dump a girl who seemed perfect, because she ate her peas one by one? I once had a date with a guy, we split the check and I tipped generously on my half, and went to the bathroom. When I got back I saw that he had removed some of my tip and pocketed it himself!! Went off him in that instant of course. Would love to hear about any incidents that turned you off a date instantly. Hope your arm is getting better? What's happening with adman?

Loverville said...

CJ: re: Blondie... we'll just have to see -- I actually might be seeing him tonight.

SG: what a crazy story -- and what a cheap guy! Yeah, any kind of cheapness is a turnoff.

The arm is almost healed, thanks for asking -- no more pain, and I can almost straighten it!

And AdMan ... silence. Nothing. Too bad, really. At this point, I think I'll wait another week or so, then send a funny, joking e-mail -- if that doesn't work, he's out of the picture for good.

Dating Trooper said...

I wish I still lived in New York so I could commisserate - and check out guys - with you and Cute Jewess. I have a feeling we would get along. Oh well, we can at least follow each other's exploits on-line.

But you should feel better knowing that San Diego is basically a dating wasteland full of East Coasters taking an extended vacation out here with no intention of finding anything but a fling with a hot 20-something beach girl. And the men that ARE here for good are pretty much looking for a hot 20-something beach girl too. And as far as Jewish guys? Well there are 8 of them and they are all about 5'6.
Oy vey.
I'll keep checking back!
Dating Trooper