Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Latest in Dating News

Not a whole lot to report, really.

I just counted -- lately I've been in e-mail contact with about 10 different guys. With some of them, there's been banter going back and forth about 3 or 4 times, but so far only ONE has asked for my number. I'm trying very hard to stick to my new campaign, the "Let HIM make the first move" initiative. It's really hard. It's not like me to sit back and wait for something to happen -- I've always believed that if you want something, you go for it. (I almost said "make it happen", but I have a former boss who always used that expression -- and we all loathed her for it. So that expression is verboten in my book).

Actually -- this is quite interesting: SexySmile - the guy who invited me on his three-week vacation -- has been in touch quite regularly from his location abroad. It's a place I've been a few times, and am quite passionate about. Not only has he been writing regularly, but he also asked if we could set a date for when he comes home -- I'm a planner, so I was definitely into that.

My only concern: he only has one picture posted on his profile. It's hard to get a good idea of what someone looks like from just one picture. After all, who can't take a single flattering picture? So far, I'm liking him on paper -- we'll just have to see what the vibe is like in person, two weeks from now.

THIS could be interesting! I have a potential NON-online date coming up -- my first internet-free date in who-knows-how-many years. Um -- it's a parental set-up. My parents are friends with another couple, and they got to talking about their respective kids... and it came up that they both had single kids in their 30's, living in NYC, etc.

Since I know next to nothing about this guy, let call him FOF for now -- Friend of the Family. He left a message tonight -- sounds nice enough, good sense of humor about the setup. My mom saw a picture of him, and said he was better-looking than most of my exes. I'll call him back tomorrow, will report here soon after.

TLG / Three-Letter-Guy just called, and we set up a second date for this weekend. I'm still on the fence about him, but intrigued enough to get to know him better.

That's the story for now! No one I'm really excited about, but staying hopeful.

1 comment:

Cute Jewess said...

Hee. I always love to find out what moms' ideas of "Better looking" actually are. Sounds good!! And it can't hurt to experiment and see what it's like to hold back a bit. It takes some guys a lot of emails to ask for the phone # or offer their own. But then again, acting bold has its advantages too, as I've recently learned ;)