Monday, April 30, 2007

Skinny vs. sex -- which will be the big winner?

A few weeks ago, I posted that I was starting a new challenge for myself to lose 10 lbs in 10 weeks. And I was off to a rolling start -- I lost 5 lbs that very first week. (from 142.8 to 137.8)

Well -- I had some setbacks shortly after. Some family issues that I can't go into here -- but let's just say that when I'm upset, I seek solace in food. (classic, trying to "fill the void" sort of thing) Yet while I was eating up a storm, I still managed to get in a good amount of working out -- so miraculously, I only gained about a pound back. (up to 138.8 as of yesterday)

Officially this means: I'm still within the challenge! Down 4 lbs in 4 weeks... and now that my head is "in" it again, I need to keep this rolling. That means getting down to about 132 by June 9 -- but I'd REALLY like to be below 130 by then.

To digress for a moment: today when I was kissing Portuguese Dish, I thought about how long it's been since I've slept with a man: nearly three months. And I couldn't help but wonder -- when the HELL am I going to fricking have sex again?!! Sure, I could find a FB -- but I really want it to be someone with whom I have SOME semblance of a relationship. That could take a while.

This made me think: surely, I could reach my goal weight by the time that happens, yes? Please note, I'm NOT losing this weight for this as-yet-unknown lover -- this is all for me, and my own confidence / self-esteem / sexiness factor.

So -- whattaya think? Which will come first -- the magic number on the scale, or the magic notch on the bedpost?

Either way -- would love any words of support you care to toss my way! So de-lurk, hit that COMMENT button below, and start talking! (if you choose to write anonymously, or aren't a Googler, no problem... but if you're a "real life" friend, include your name or initials in your post so I know who you are!)

THANKS!
~ Soon-to-be-lithe Loverville

6 comments:

acaligurl said...

hey there. ok , so how tall are you? don't get too skinny.

jgo said...

I put my money on the weight but its not like I know you. Setting goals is good for weight loss but not for sex. If you try to meet that goal, god knows who you might sleep with.

Schmutti Weber said...

Well, I think you look perfect just the way you are, so I'm going to vote for the bedpost over the treadmill. Here's to scratching that three-month itch!

Cute Jewess said...

Well, getting to a goal weight will make you feel sexier anyway--so think of that as a good incentive!!

Loverville said...

Acali: I'm 5'4"... so I'm not exactly "fat" right now, but I'd feel a lot more confident if I were in the 120s zone.

JGO: the sex part isn't exactly a "goal" ... it would just be nice to get some! (of course, with the right guy)

Schmutti: (great name) awww, thanks!

CJ: true that

a&v said...

At 2 1/2 months I'm right behind you! And I'm with you about looking for something more permanent rather than an FB. FBs are a dime a dozen! Or, rather, ONSs are (good FBs are almost as hard to find as more serious relationships, but I digress). Anyhoo, either way (sex or weight) you'll have it made.