Sunday, May 13, 2007

Date #80: T-1000

I wrote a few days ago that T-1000 (aka, German Guy) looks a bit like the bad guy character in "Terminator 2", (scroll down for pic) but realized tonight that that's not quite accurate. He's really much cuter, and doesn't have that harsh, steeley gaze. And he's three years younger than I am. Can't argue with that.

Go figure – I liked him more than I expected to. He’s very sweet, and easy to talk to. He's only been living here for three years, but knows a lot more about New York than many locals who have been here their whole lives.

We first went to a swank cocktail lounge, then to a more mellow wine bar. I have to admit -- there was a part of me that was nervous about running into This Guy from last night. (aka, Mr. Lover) As I often note: for a big city, New York can be a very small town at times. Luckily, there was no such run-in.

We had a very chaste kiss on the cheek goodnight, with a short, brief kiss on the lips. I’m always looking at the potential for long-term – and it sounds like he’d like to move back to Germany at some point. But for now -- he's sweet and fun, so why not? We already set a date for later in the week.

*******************
Very funny conversation earlier with my favorite guy friend, 4. He texted me saying, "Congrats on the sex!". I called him back, and we discussed our most recent adventures in dating.

He recently had four dates with a woman he really likes – while they’ve hugged and have been semi-intimate, they haven’t “really” kissed – no French kissing as of yet. VERY unlike him! He went on about how he’s in no hurry, enjoys holding hands with her, etc…

Me: "I’m sure you’ll kiss her on the next date."

Him: "NO… I want to fuck her on the next date! If you haven’t eaten in a week, you don’t eat just tapas… you want the whole paella!"

Gotta love an honest guy.

11 comments:

londongirl said...

Like the sound of the German guy. Hope the date goes well. And re the long term - who knows? He might be persuaded to stay...

Cute Jewess said...

Yay for taking one day at a time, and if that day includes a great date, well why the heck not!?

jgo said...

When does it become inappropriate to be seeing so many people at once? It seems like most of the girls I date are not like you two as in I think they only date one person at a time. I kind of always thought that when you sleep with one, you kind of have to cut it off with everyone else. But aparantly not, so I ask, how do you know when it's not fair to be multi-dating anymore?

Loverville said...

JGO -- good question.

Trust me -- I would be very happy to just date one person, but it takes some time to get to that point. When I'm sleeping with a guy (as in, "This Guy"), I certainly won't sleep with anyone else. But I'm not naive enough to think that we're suddenly boyfriend/girlfriend.

Just wondering, are you in New York? Things are different here -- people seem to take a lot longer to decide to be exclusive. I'm not saying that's a good thing, that's just how it is.

Last summer, I started dating a new guy -- let's call him BikeRacing Guy. We saw each other a few times a week, so right from the start I had no desire to date anyone else. After about 3 months I brought up "the talk", and discovered that while he hadn't actually dated anyone else, he still wanted the option to do so. (Not surprisingly, we broke up soon after).

You learn from experience. Just have to protect yourself, and keep your emotions in check.

jgo said...

I just posted a similar question to CJ's blog since she sort of brought multidating to light with a dedicated post.

Anyway, LV, I am a male in my 20s and I live in Manhattan and I get most of my dates from jdate. So yes, I understand that NYC is different. I dont really know that the girls I date arent dating other people, but I get that vibe and could be wrong. Of course, I dont want to ask because then I have to answer. And also I am like you in the sense that I would love to date just one person and I would love to be commited but I just havent found the right person yet.

jgo said...

Furthermore, you said :

When I'm sleeping with a guy (as in, "This Guy"), I certainly won't sleep with anyone else. But I'm not naive enough to think that we're suddenly boyfriend/girlfriend.


Does that mean you will not hook up with anyone else? Also since you are continuing to date, what do you do if you like someone else? Then what do you do if you like someone else and you want to sleep with them? Does 'This Guy' get replaced at that point?

Loverville said...

What's your definition of "hooking up"?

re: your other questions... no answer to that right now. Just taking it one day at a time. These things have a way of working themselves out.

Also -- as far as liking someone else enough to sleep with them -- this happens so rarely that I'm not particularly worried!

jgo said...

I guess my definition of hooking up is loose but to me it means anything but sex. So it could be just making out or it could be oral sex.

Loverville said...

Ah -- I would have thought "hooking up" could mean sex as well. Open to interpretation.

Anyway... if I'm sleeping with a guy, I *might* consider making out with another guy, but nothing more.

Again -- it's not often that I'll find someone that I like enough to kiss, so this "problem" doesn't present itself that often!

jgo said...

Hey Loverville,
It's not such a bad problem to have. Enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You have a nice website. How are you doing?

We would like to invite you to visit our new dating service.
And it is really different from others.

Just IMAGING you could know if your new dating partner likes you or not BEFORE contacting him/her...
So at the moment when you decide to send the first message - you already know one's attitude to you!

Sounds good?

Read more on our blog: livedatesearch.blogspot.com

Or go directly to Live Date Search.com