Monday, May 21, 2007

Date #82: JK (Jimmy Kimmel look-alike)

Guys: for once and for all -- do NOT think you can get away with posting pics that are clearly from a younger, leaner time! We may be drawn to your profile with such pics, but once we meet you in person, with 20 extra pounds and a few more gray hairs... really, who do you think you're fooling?

Such was my date with JK. Besides the obvious picture switch-aroo, somehow he just wasn't nearly as funny and charming as he had come across by phone and e-mail.

Two Amstels later, date over. With daylight to spare!

*********
Meanwhile, Nice Smile (who cancelled on me last Thursday) left a message this afternoon, asking if I'd like to meet for a drink tonight. I left him a message, can't meet tonight, how about later this week? Will see if I hear back from him.

And... there's another new contender on the block: Witty Banter. We've had a few fun, flirty, intelligent e-mails back and forth. In the most recent one, he asked for my number. Will he be just as fun and flirty in person as he is online? Watch this space!

10 comments:

Cute Jewess said...

I *know*! Guys are always like "you should look like your picture" on their profile's "what I'm looking for" section.

Yeah, well, back atcha guys. Of course looks aren't everything, but do you really want to start the date by automatically disappointing someone?

jgo said...

Remember, people pick their most flattering photos. I try to update mine every few months but Im still putting the best looking photos on there. I also try to be honest by putting the "Few Extra Pounds" label.

jgo said...

Hey LV -- I was curious about something on your blog. You are obviously counting the number of dates you have been on. What was the starting point that you are counting from? And when you go out with someone twice, is that two numbers?

Loverville said...

CJ: Exactly! Apparently, this last guy didn't get the memo.

JGO: That's the number of guys I've gone out with since my last serious relationship ended over two years ago.

eg, I've gone out with This Guy about 5 times so far... but he's still the 78th guy I've met.

jgo said...

I wish i was counting. I think my numbers are up there with yours. Keep at it! My friends tease me about ho many people I date.

Dating Trooper - Dating is Warfare said...

It's like a full time job isn't it?! Have any of you heard about the "shotgun theory" many men employ on dating sites? Just blast out as many emails as you can and see what you "hit." Nice....

Anonymous said...

If I had a dollar for every second date I've been on, I'd have two bucks.

acaligurl said...

i think a "lesser" picture should always be posted, that way you are pleasantly surprised!

a&v said...

I've been lucky in that I've never had someone pull a switcheroo on me. (That is, posting a picture that was clearly 5 years/150 pounds ago.) I don't get the tactic. What, are we supposed to be so taken by their profiles that we forgive them their deception? I usually post good pictures of myself along with one that might be a little less good, just so I can't be accused of false advertising. :)

Loverville said...

A&V -- I can't help but wonder if part of the reason is -- WE don't see ourselves as others see us.

In MY eyes, I look the same as I did 10 years ago (ok, with a few more wrinkles around the eyes).

But still... I wouldn't dare post a pic from that long ago! That's just stupid.