Thursday, May 17, 2007

Dating and karma

Have I angered the dating gods by over-juggling? Clearly, I was NOT meant to be out on a date tonight.

When I was out with T-1000 last weekend, we made plans for a second date for tonight. He e-mailed me a few days ago, apologizing that he’d forgotten that he had a work event tonight, but would like to re-schedule soon. He has a friend visiting from out of town this weekend, so maybe early next week?

Shortly after, I spoke to a new guy on the phone for the first time (we’d been e-mailing for some time) – let’s call him Nice Smile. We made plans for tonight. Which he cancelled late this afternoon – very apologetic, he got roped into a work thing tonight that he couldn’t get out of.

Thankfully, they don’t work together. But there seem to be an awful lot of “work events” going on these days!

For me? It’s a good night for laundry, TV and reading. Might even make it over to D’Agostino – let's hope the Weight Watchers frozen pizza is still on sale!
UPDATE: it WAS indeed on sale! The night wasn't a wash after all!

New resolution: every time a guy calls with a same-day cancellation, I've decided that I'm going to use that time going to the gym (or other workout, like my frequent downtown powerwalks with BF). Unless cool plans with friends suddenly pop up, like the wonderful Italian dinner a few weeks ago with M.

I'm going to be in kick-ass shape in no time at all!

5 comments:

a&v said...

I don't think you're over-juggling but still, very mysterious! Clearly the dating gods giveth and then taketh away.

jgo said...

Why dont girls cancel dates with guys? It always seems to be the guys cancelling on the girls.

Loverville said...

I wouldn't cancel unless I absolutely, positively had to. Maybe these guys really did have work events that they couldn't get out of -- who knows.

But in general -- if I make plans with friends, family, or a date, I stick with it (unless an emergency arises). It's just the right thing to do, but obviously, not everyone feels the same way.

I believe internet dating has contributed to erosion of manners.

mimi said...

i like yr work-out idea...i'm using the days until i meet x to work some inches off -- walked from 87th to 34th today...i'm attempting to turn his delay into an opportunity to lose weight....

acaligurl said...

ya! what jgo said!