Saturday, June 9, 2007

Date #88: "Adam Sandler"

“Adam” – what a weird, quirky dude. We met at a local wine bar, and shortly after I met him, a new guy sat next to us. Adam seemed more into talking to this new guy than to me -- his date – the person upon whom he should have been trying his best to make a good first impression. (if this is improper English, so be it – several glasses of wine were drunk tonight for the sake of sanity)

The whole night, “Adam” was just too strange. He eventually got worse, making inappropriate comments (“Liv Tyler is a nice piece of ass” and “I’ve got to pee”). When he chatted up the 40-something blond to his right with the deep cleavage, I was happy to let him go.

The highlight of the night? The new guy next to us, and his girlfriend, who joined him a little while later – what a lovely couple! I invited them to an upcoming happy hour I’m hosting.

Another highlight of the evening: discovering this lovely new wine bar. This region was previously verboten for dates because it was around the corner from This Guy… but since This Guy has been abducted by aliens, I’ve reclaimed this mini foodie Mecca.

More tomorrow, when sober.

8 comments:

Cute Jewess said...

Yay for being able to date in This Guy's neighborhood! And BOO for this date's lack of basic decency. NEXT!

a&v said...

Wow, what extremely bad behavior Adam! Did you inform him of his rudeness or did you just slip away as soon as humanly possible?

sexagenarian and the city said...

the quotes from adam are hilarious.
what a loser!

Loverville said...

Oh, I let him know how inappropriate he was -- I told him that saying those things would have been tacky at ANY time, but on a first date, when you should be making a good first impression? Ha!

By that time, I think he was too drunk to care. After we left the wine bar, I mentioned that we'd had quite a lot to drink -- he said, "I know -- I paid the bill!". Again -- tacky, tacky.

You know what's even more alarming... his career is in psychology!

Anonymous said...

At least you met some new friends and a great new place to go. I can't believe that guy. What a cad!!
Hope you're feeling better tonight.
Mo

Anonymous said...

Oh Adam. Wouldn't it be a shame if someone printed his profile pics on flyers and posted them up around his neighborhood with the caption "Don't Date This Guy"? Just dreaming.......

acaligurl said...

what is with guys and blurting out random stuff. & why can they say nice piece of ass? how about us girls "yo, i'd like to get a hold of george clooney's package" "ya i'd like to get me some of david beckham" lol

jgo said...

Hey, what's so bad about a guy saying he has to pee?