Sunday, June 24, 2007

Date #90: Semi-Local Guy

Thanks to those who commented words of support after my last (depressing) post. The dark cloud has lifted, and I’m feeling a thousand times better today!

Went to a fantastically fun BBQ yesterday, then had an impromptu date last night with Semi-Local Guy. SLG sent an initial e-mail the night before, asking if I was feeling spontaneous -- would I like to have a drink the following night? After a few e-mails back and forth, liking the sound of him, I agreed. He’s Semi-Local in that he lives in another city, but spends weeks on end in NY for work.

We met for a drink, and had plenty to talk about. More friend-ish than romantic – not really flirty – but still a nice time. I’d see him again. He’s going back to his “other” city today, but said he’d like to get together again next time he’s here. As always, we’ll see.

On my radar right now: a few B-listers, two of whom I’m especially looking forward to meeting, and possibly promoting to the A list: James Bond and Mr. H.

4 comments:

londongirl said...

Impromptu date sounds fun - if perhaps not romantic. Some blokes can grow on you tho...

Heather said...

Glad you're in better spirits!! One date at a time! :) At least you're having a good time!!

sophie said...

you will meet someone perfect for you, you have a great attitude and, at least according to your blog, seem like lots of fun!!

Cute Jewess said...

We will await updates and hope for a packed A List soon! xx