Saturday, June 30, 2007

Date #91: Smiles

This gets filed under the category of You-Never-Fricking-Know. Smiles had a decent-enough Match profile and not-bad pics, not exactly swoon-worthy – yet his initial e-mails made me laugh, so I decided to give him a shot, without expecting much. First phone conversation last week made me realize that we didn’t seem to have much in common -- but he was funny and feisty, and worth a one-hour drink. Who could have guessed that it would turn into a five-hour date, with some fabulous smooching?

Smiles is smart, funny, cute, a bit quirky, a great dancer and has an incredible head of hair. I tend to go for lawyer / finance types – he’s neither of those, which I’m realizing is just fine. We’ve already made plans to go for a hike later in the week – I can’t wait. (though now I’m stressing over the fact that I’m not sure I want him to see me with minimal hike-appropriate makeup just yet…)

Now for the part where I try to keep my giddiness at a manageable level – I need to enjoy the excitement and anticipation while staying grounded. Wish me luck. As always, I’m open to any suggestions.

Oh! He’s the first guy I’ve put on my “A” list in ages!

Meanwhile: I have a few other dates planned for this weekend: coffee with Sexy Older Guy, and drinks with Mr. Flashback. Eh. Wish I could just see Smiles again tonight…

4 comments:

a&v said...

Well, isn't this great! I won't blame you if you can't keep your giddiness at a manageable level--really good dates are rare birds so how can you help but be excited? You've inspired me to get back at the dating thing. (Maybe. :))

Dating Trooper - Dating is Warfare said...

Get excited (hopefully stay excited) and keep dating from the B list too. It's all about options, LV! Enjoy and don't worry about minimal hike makeup...every guy I've ever known is impressed with a girl who can go natural. So be the nature girl with no apologies and feel good about it! He will be impressed I promise!

Heather said...

That's awesome!! :) Hope Smiles makes you smile again soon!

Cute Jewess said...

Yay for Smiles! Just take it day by day, girl! You're doing great :)