Saturday, June 2, 2007

GOOOOOOOOOaaaallllll!!!

A few months back, I set a goal for myself (prompted by a friend's comment): lose 10 lbs in 10 weeks. I'm happy to say that as of today -- nine weeks later, a week ahead of schedule -- I've reached my goal! I started at 142.8, and as of this morning's scale, I'm 132.4, and I'm thrilled beyond belief! (and frankly, shocked that I lost 2 lbs this past week, as it was quite laden with booze, nachos and other evil calories)

Now I just have to keep this train rolling -- another 5-8 lbs, and I'll be at my FINAL goal weight. It just happens that work is about to get hectic, so I won't be able to exercise as much as I'd like -- plus some business trips are coming up, and I always tend to gain weight on those.

Next short-term goal: to get below 130, and into the 120s. I haven't been in that place in about 10 years, and I'm looking forward to seeing it again!

Whoo-hooooooo!

6 comments:

a&v said...

Awesome! Care to share your method for achieving such a success?

Loverville said...

A&V -- I had an easy workload this month, so I was often able to leave work early and go rollerblading or biking. I exercised about 6 days a week - I think that was the main thing that did it.

I'm generally prone to late-night snacking, but I managed to cut that down quite a bit.

I hate to admit this, but I've been eating lots of Lean Cuisines (they're not great for the environment) -- I've been pretty lazy about cooking lately, so I relied on those.

londongirl said...

that's fantastic!!!!!!!!!

Very impressed.

a&v said...

Isn't it amazing what exercise can do though? (I know, what a concept!) I started running two months ago and really haven't changed my eating habits much but the the improvement is remarkable! I haven't yet tried Lean Cuisine ... I take it the packaging isn't biodegradable/recyclable.

acaligurl said...

dude, thats awesome!!!i think i gained your loss.

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! That is an accomplishment. You look great of course.

Mo