Monday, July 2, 2007

Date #92: Sexy Older Guy

Almost forgot to blog about my last date – I guess that’s saying something about the impact it had on me!

Normally I’ll date guys up to about 4 or 5 years my senior… but when Sexy Older Guy wrote to me, he seemed so vibrant and interesting that I was willing to overlook the fact that he’s 11 years older than I am. I know – huge difference.

We had a perfectly nice afternoon coffee date, and I went home feeling that he was just a “maybe”. Maybe it was the venue – I’ve never felt a zing on a coffee date. Or maybe my opinion of him was colored by my great date with Smiles a few nights ago.

The conversation with Smiles was like a carnival ride (without the nausea) – always fun, rather non-stop. With Sexy Older, it was more like a slow horse and buggy ride… it would amble along, then pause… amble… pause.

Also – he wasn’t quite as hot as his pics. I guess that makes him “OK-looking Older Guy”. Eh.

Some good news about Smiles: he texted me yesterday to say he had a great time the other night, and was looking forward to next time. Very giddy-making indeed! Yet still staying grounded. Really.

4 comments:

a&v said...

Well, who needs an OK-looking older guy when there's a Smiles to be had? Ooh, and how great that he sent a text!

londongirl said...

I'm with A&V. Sounds like ok looking older guy just wasn't your kind of chap.

sexagenarian and the city said...

after 6 months of dating, i was confident enough to say, 'i don't do coffee dates,' tho i did make a few exceptions. a coffee date alone is a downer...i never got interested in a man i met over coffee.

acaligurl said...

sounds like ok looking older guy needs more coffee to rev things up!