Thursday, July 19, 2007

Zen and the art of dating

Still having a lovely time with Smiles. Still taking it slowly. And feeling 100% OK with that.

After our second date, I was ready to cancel the Match membership. I was smitten. But now, a few weeks down the road, I’m feeling a lot more level-headed about him. (wow… could it be??! Have I managed to turn down the crazy, just a little bit?!)

I do like Smiles, and I’d like to possibly see this go somewhere. But first – we need to get to know each other. Slowly. And I need to think about how much I actually like HIM, and not just worry about how much he likes ME.

I’ve even followed my friends’ advice, and have been e-mailing with a new guy on Match, as well as a few old ones I’d lost touch with. Will I actually go out with any of them? We’ll see.

But this current arrangement has me dwelling less on both Smiles AND on any potential Match guys. Go figure. I’m as close as I’ve ever been to a Zen-like state of dating. At least for this moment.

And if this continues? That’s going to make for some pretty boring blog posts.

4 comments:

The Dauntless Dater said...

I hear you! It'd be great to live a drama-free, Zen-like life, but if I had one, it would really 'f' with my blog!

Dating Trooper - Dating is Warfare said...

Ah, yes. Drama does make for better blog entries. It's a Catch 22 isn't it! That's why I keep a notebook with my stories from my past ready for the taking when -- if only -- I get zen-like someday. Good for you, LV!

Anonymous said...

in a recent survey 90% said most dating sites could offer better protection against scammers



---------------
filipino girls

Dating said...

Drama does make for better blog entriesDrama does make for better blog entries