Friday, August 24, 2007

Back on the weight loss wagon.

A few months ago, I created a plan for myself to lose 10 lbs in 10 weeks – and was incredibly pleased with myself when I achieved my goal. (though I still wanted to lose a few more pounds beyond that)

Well – as we all know, part of the challenge isn’t just losing the weight, it’s keeping it off. It’s been a hectic summer, with a few business trips… and some of the weight has crept back on. Not all of it – but about half. It’s been a combination of boredom eating in airports and long drives, and that feeling of “I’m in X location, and I really should eat the specialty!”, which tends to be something fattening. Even though I’ve ‘only’ gained about 5 lbs recently, it’s enough to make me feel a bit chubby and less attractive – not ideal in this crazy dating situation.

So – as of today, I’m starting a new “lose 10 lbs in 10 weeks” goal. My official weigh-in day will be Sunday mornings – I’ll post progress reports weekly. I’m now 138 lbs. Hoping to get to 128 by November 4th. I’d actually LOVE to get to 125 by my birthday, a few weeks later – what a great present that would be to myself! I haven’t been below 130 in a zillion years – might just have to give myself a great non-food reward once I reach that point. Perhaps a new pair of kick-ass shoes?

Got a few pounds to lose? Join me!

8 comments:

Eve said...

I'm right there with ya!

ALM said...

I did Nutrisystem the beginning of the summer (just to keep myself focused) and it's actually a great diet! (If you don't have a very picky palate.) But, like you, it's difficult to keep the weight off.

So - here I go!

Cute Jewess said...

You can do it, girl, I know you can!! Don't drive yourself nuts about 125--you've got a lot of muscle, and that weighs more than fat. Just get to where you're able to feel sexy again!! xx

spicy hebrew national said...

I’ve recently lost 60lbs and started to forget about my real goal so I decided to set smaller ones to keep me focused. My first one will be to lose 10 lbs by Nov 1. I’m already down 4.2.Hopefully those Jewish holidays won’t do too much damage. Good luck on reaching your goal!

Financial Artist said...

You go girl!

Advice: Stay away from bread (only eat whole grain when you do.)

Heather said...

I can totally relate!! I lost 10 pounds recently and have gained a few back--mostly this week bc of the eating out-this weekend won't be any better, but Monday is a brand new day! Then, I'm back on my program--gym and eating healthy!
non-food reward sounds great to me--but I need clothes for my new job anyway, so that reward is coming early! lol Good luck!! :)

julia said...

I'm in....need to lose about 10ish myself. I just LOVE to eat...what's a girl to do? good luck

jgo said...

I am also trying to lose 65 pounds. I know sounds like a lot. Ive lost 20 so far, so Ill throw myself in here for the motivation. Good luck to all.