Sunday, October 7, 2007

Good news / bad news

First, the good: things are still lovely with TC (though, alas, he left town today, to be gone for a week).

Now, the bad news: I’m supposed to be losing a pound a week in my “10 in 10” plan… instead, I gained 1.6 lbs this week! Ack! Will have to plan fewer nights out with friends this week and spend more time in the gym, with more focus on healthier eating (I abhor the word “diet”). This is week #6 in the 10 in 10 plan – I started at 138, and as of today, I’m 134.4 – down a total of just 3.6 lbs. I took a challenging yoga class today, so that’s a good start. Still – I should have been down to 132 today, so I’m a bit disappointed in myself.

Back to the good news: things continue to develop with TC. I find myself replaying so many wonderful moments in my head from this past week: the way he looks at me... our lengthy discussions on politics/travel/food/our families... his kisses… (I miss his kisses already).

Knowing that he was leaving town this morning, I found myself wondering when I’d hear from him again, assuming he was going to be busy on this trip – he answered my (unspoken) question by calling me from the road. Just a simple gesture that made me like him even more.

7 comments:

sexagenarian and the city said...

there's nothing like a phone call. that's a wonderful sign in a man.

a&v said...

I am swooning over TC--in a vicarious sort of way, of course.

And don't beat yourself up over the slip in the 10 in 10 plan! Weight can fluctuate for all sorts of reasons, so maybe you didn't really gain the 1.6 lb?

londongirl said...

TC's sounding good.

And don't worry re the ten in ten you're at least half way there!

Samantha said...

That's fantastic about TC. :)

jgo said...

Sounds like you are swooning? Did you guys have any pieces of "the talk" yet?

jgo said...

Woops... that last comment wasnt supposed to start with a question.

Loverville said...

JGO -- actually, yes -- after about 4 or 5 dates, we had a talk and both said we didn't want to date anyone else:
http://loverville.blogspot.com/2007/10/surreally-good.html