Thursday, October 18, 2007

Happy day!

I had a feeling it was going to be a good night with TC when I received this comment from a stranger as I was en route to the restaurant where we were meeting:

Scene: I’m waiting to cross the street – near me is one of those eccentric types that make up the fabric of New York.

Suddenly, Eccentric Guy says to me, “Isn’t it amazing”… (pause… now I’m very curious to see what he finds amazing!)… he continues, “how nice you look!”

I burst out laughing, and I hope I remembered to say “thank you”. It gave me a rush of good feelings, and I had a big smile on my face as I continued to meet TC. I was feeling more confident than I had felt in days, wearing a flattering wrap dress that had garnered compliments at the office.

TC had a Friend/Colleague in town, and had asked earlier in the week if it was OK if he joined us for dinner, since it was the only night available to do so (and he also wanted me to meet said friend). No problem there – I tend to make a good impression on the friends, so I was happy to oblige.

As soon as I saw them, TC gave me a big kiss and hug hello, and I felt any nervousness dissipate immediately. I enjoyed dinner and conversation with the two of them, but was longing for alone time with TC.

It was a happy moment when, after dinner, F/C said he was going off to meet other friends, and TC and I headed back to my place. He admitted that while he was pleased that F/C and I had a chance to meet, he couldn’t wait to have time alone together – that he had missed me while he was away, and needed his “[Loverville] dosage”.

So – things are looking good right now. I’m still giddy about him, but also feel (in a grounded / rational way) that something very positive is happening here.

Tonight’s the night: I’m going to attempt to cook dinner for him! Ssh… it’s a surprise – he thinks we’re just meeting at my place, and winging it from there. Wish me luck! I’m having heart palpitations already…

QUICK UPDATE, the next day: dinner was a success! Well - I thought it was just OK, but TC really liked it. He seemed pretty excited to get a home-cooked meal -- that doesn't happen every day in NYC!

9 comments:

sexagenarian and the city said...

RELIEF!!!!!!!!
like all yr other readers (i bet), i was wondering what whazzup: broken computer? broken romance?
unimaginable disaster? Very Happy all is well.

Loverville said...

How sweet! Nah, the delay in posting was just due to being swamped at work. Very happy to report that all is good in my little corner of the world!

Samantha said...

Seriously! I was waiting with baited breath to hear the report! Glad everything is going smoothly and cannot wait to hear about your culinary delights!

Dating Trooper - Dating is Warfare said...

Damn my Google Reader for not delivering your new post until almost 6pm Pacific Time! Now you won't get my good luck until after teh fact..though I bet you won't need it! So glad to hear the reunion was as good as you'd hoped..keep us all in the loop!

Anonymous said...

Yipee! I am strangely obsessed with your blog and was totally keeping my fingers crossed for good news. Glad to hear it, I had a good feeling, even though you kept us waiting! jess

a&v said...

Ahh, this is great! Like Mimi, I was worried something had happened. I'm so glad it went well and I hope the dinner went well, too! (how could it not?)

Heather said...

I am so excited for you! :) So glad things are going well! I can't wait to hear about the surprise dinner. Hope it went fabulously!
Hugs!

Louisa C said...

I cannot wait to hear what you make for dinner! And I think we all also want to know - can you please post a link to that fabulous wrap dress that inspires spontaneous street-side exclamatory compliments? So happy for you!

londongirl said...

Yay. Really glad it went well and hope he's now as keen as mustard.