Monday, October 29, 2007

Happy Monday

I’m happy to say… I *think* TC and I are back in the Good Place!

I had an intimate little cocktail party last night with TC and a dozen of my dearest friends (both guys and girls). He had met a few of them before, so I wasn’t completely throwing him into the (friendly!) fire.

I was in a bit of a tizzy as I flitted about pouring drinks, prepping food, greeting new people. TC is the perfect party guest – he has no problem chatting with new people, while checking in with me every so often and helping out. When I saw that he was washing dishes at one point (unasked)… well, I couldn’t help but fall in “like” with him just a little bit more.

We didn’t have a chance to have much alone time, but that should come in the next few days. It was no surprise that my friends thought he was a lovely guy – he liked them as well.

As is often the case with these parties, it was a blur, and I felt that I didn’t have a chance to talk to each person as much as I’d like. However, it was a (re)confirmation that I’m very lucky have a group of fabulous friends – who (thankfully!) like my cooking.

As for TC – I can’t help but think that he wouldn’t have spent a whole evening with my friends if he didn’t see “us” continuing. For now, I’m OK with letting my doubts of the past week go by the wayside. Here’s hoping…!

5 comments:

sexagenarian and the city said...

relief!
a dishwasher & a chatter: that's a winning combination. hoping for the very best.

jgo said...

Sounds like all is worried. Glad you didnt freak out on him about it.

jess said...

yay!! I am sure everything is more than fine. I can't imagine a guy who is ready to leave a relationship hanging with the firends and even more, washing dishes! He sounds like a total keeper.

Heather said...

Hooray!

londongirl said...

He washed the dishes unasked???? I'd say that's a pretty good sign he's keen!