Monday, October 15, 2007

Nervous

Finally – TC will be arriving back in town late tonight, after having been away all week – and I’m nervous.

All signs seem to point towards things going well between us – we talked and e’d regularly while he was away, and while he wasn’t quite as romantic / effusive as he was in person, he did include a “miss you” at least once. But there’s a part of me that still feels that I should be prepared to expect the worst, that things might be different when we see each other again. Can’t explain it. I’m just afraid to get too excited about him.

I’m normally an optimist (too much so!), and generally don’t worry about things until I’m actually given reason to do so. It seems that having quite a bit of dating disappointment in the past two years has made me rather cynical – so unlike me. It’s a strange feeling – I don’t like it.

I think it’s not helping matters that I gained nearly a pound this week (didn’t write about it because it was too depressing!)AND I’m experiencing a wicked PMS. (hm, maybe the weight gain is because of that). In a nutshell, I’m not feeling my most confident.

I suppose the usual advice applies here – wait and see. TC and I have plans tomorrow night – wish me luck! (what to wear, what to wear??!!)

10 comments:

Cute Jewess said...

We *all* get cynical sometimes, even the most optimistic! You know that so far things are going well, but that it's still early. That's all you need to know! Day by day. Enjoy the fun early time.

sexagenarian and the city said...

as people told me under similar circs, and they were right, he won't notice the weight gain. PMS is hard to fight, but being aware of it is good and the best you can do. probably when you finally *see* him, your state of mind will Lift.

Anonymous said...

You will know the second you see him how everything is (I am sure great), just be happy to see him and follow his lead (just had to add my $.02), Jessica

Heather said...

Good luck. I hope you have a great date!!

And--it's normal to fluctuate a pound back and forth. Water weight, pms doesn't help, and depending on what you ate etc. Don't get too depressed, you'll get there! Give yourself time!

Hugs!

jgo said...

Hey dont lose all hope LV. I was feeling like this last girl I was seeing was too good to be true and now shes my gf. And when I first went out with her I totally didnt expect much out of it and kept doubtng things after every date. But things turned out ok (so far) so dont lose hope. PS - we met online.

Dating Trooper - Dating is Warfare said...

Good luck! Though I'm sure you won't need it. Even one "miss you" from a guy (in writing no less) is a GOOD sign. And trust me, single-girl cynicism is totally understandable, acceptable and treatable :-)
Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Samantha said...

I'm sure everything will be fine and I can't wait to hear about it. I'm also pretty darn positive that pound is due to PMS so no worries.

spicy hebrew national said...

I wouldn't worry so much about the weight gain. It's probably due to your period. I've noticed sometimes that I can gain up to 2 pounds before my period.

a&v said...

The nerves could also be a side-effect of the ol' PMS. You two are likely off having a good time right now. (nudge nudge)

London-Lass said...

Nearly A POUND?? Count yourself lucky is all I can say. When I want to (and when I'm good 'n stressed 'n everything) I can gain 3-4 pounds quicker than you can shout `cellulite'.

So? Did he make contact on his return? Is he OK? Are you and he OK?

I need to know!