Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Surreally good

Just a quickie post from work... will include more details soon (promise!) -- it's been a busy week!

Brief summary -- things are going REALLY well with Teen Crush. I've been having a fabulous time with him, and it's quite clear that he's into me as well. And -- this is big -- we've already discussed that neither of us wants to date anyone else right now*. I must admit, after our first few dates, I'd look at his Match profile to see when he had last logged on -- and saw that he hadn't logged on since the day after our first date. Whether or not that was because of me, it was still nice to see. I cancelled my own Match account yesterday.

Part of me is (of course) still remaining skeptical, waiting for the other shoe to drop. It's a bit surreal, this feeling of being very much into someone and knowing that he likes and respects me right back. Just trying to take it one day / date at a time.

* I still have to "officially" end it with UN -- we've been playing phone tag for the past few days. Surely he knows what's up, based on my "there's something I need to talk to you about" message. Still, I hate this kind of talk. Just want to get it over with.

More later!

9 comments:

CurlyRed said...

So excited for you re: Teen Crush. What an amazing feeling. Having been out on what feels like thousands of so-so dates, it's so great when you finally connect with someone like that. Best wishes!!

Samantha said...

OMG! I am so happy for you! Can't wait to hear more about it!

pt said...

don't bother ending it with UN. just let it peter out.

i bet he will be relieved either way.

best of luck with TC. despite being the eternal pessimist, i like this one!

molly said...

It is soooo refreshing to read a dating blog and things are heading in the right direction!! It sounds quite promising. I have been reading but have you said much about this guy...maybe you sensed he could be the one so held back from writing? good move and good luck

Heather said...

awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

don't listen to pt

treat someone the way you want to be treated, which is with the truth, not being left to wonder while it 'peters out'

Loverville said...

I agree, anon -- after dating UN for almost two months (albeit, casually), I feel that I owe him some kind of explanation. Especially because he still believes I'm going to his work function with him next week.

Really, more to come soon about TC -- meeting each others friends, etc. Good stuff.

Yen Rubie said...

I'm so happy for you. In the Philippines, we call this moment "kilig", meaning, this sends shivers to your spine. :)

Anonymous said...

It shows that you are a good person that you will end it face to face with UN. So many people would just avoid it because it is hard to have that conversation. Especially guys. Although honestly, I never liked him. I don't know him, but just reminded me of my last boyfriend. Did nothing wrong. Just kept me guessing and at arm's length. Maddening. Glad you finally have some true passion in your life. You give me hope that I can find it as well.