Friday, November 2, 2007

New addiction

While I’m not quite “feeling the love” like I was in the beginning with TC, it seems that we’ve plateau-ed into a comfortable, level, “let’s see what happens as we continue to get to know each other” place.

We got together a few nights after my cocktail party, and rehashed the night – he said he really liked everyone, and could tell I had a wonderful, warm group of friends. I didn’t mention that my friend S had told me that it seemed that TC was “was gazing with admiration your way for much of the night”!

More fun plans coming up with him this weekend. Normally I find myself taking the reins when it comes to planning (I do this often with friends, family… and generally, dates) – I don’t mind, and actually enjoy doing it. But when TC talked about this weekend's plans… and went ahead and not only researched, but also booked everything? He won some serious points in my book.

In other news: I resisted for so long, but finally signed up for Facebook. Who knew this would be so addictive?! Not only have I uncovered old friends and past work colleagues, but I’ve enjoyed sending “plants”, having my “zombie” fight other friends’ “vampires”, and “throwing sheep” at friends. Yes, I’ve turned into a 15-year-old boy. This phase had better pass, stat!

6 comments:

jessica said...

Hmm, I think it is a little strange that you are not so much "not feeling the love", I know when I started dating my now husband, our feelings got stonger and deeper has time went on. One of my tests, did I think my current date/bf could be "the one",? if no, ok, than, but if yes, I looked at it a little differently. good luck

Heather said...

hope you have a great weekend with TC!

Loverville said...

Jessica -- I guess I should rephrase that. I just feel that he was a bit more effusive in the beginning (eg, we'd be saying goodnight, and he'd tell me that he didn't want us to say goodbye just yet)... now, I think he's showing his interest in more subtle ways, like meeting my friends. (or washing the dishes!)

I do see potential here, and hope it continues!

Heather, thanks... you too!

London-Lass said...

Loverville : Yes, you're right it does *evolve* (if that's the right word). At the beginning, the chipster would hold me in bed and tell me he'd hate for the morning to come as it would mean he'd have to go ...

(oo, hang on, excuse me whilst I just throw up .. that's better)

.. which of course he doesnt do anymore. However, he does do a 1000 other little things that he would never have dreamt of doing at the start that really shows how much I mean to him (even if they're not immediately and obviously romantic to anyone else).

PS : Good luck with that Facebook thing .. I've heard it can be highly addictive ...

Samantha said...

I'm completely addicted to Facebook now. *Sigh*

Good luck with TC, we need some more updates! Hope everything is going well!

acaligurl said...

a man that plans? very nice!