Friday, November 16, 2007

She's back!

My, it’s been a long time since I’ve posted! Most recently, I was away on a business trip – it’s SO nice to be home, sleeping in my own bed.

Things continue to go swimmingly with TC – while I was away, we stayed in touch by e-mail, with just one phone conversation (I was out of the country, so e-mail was best). Early in the trip, I was having a difficult time with one of the people I was working with, and vented about this in an e-mail to TC – his response was so sweet and supportive that I’m still feeling warm and fuzzy re-reading it.

After sending his words of support he added:
Wishing you a successful, fun, exciting, lovely trip. I think you are all of those things.

What a sweetheart! I can’t wait to see him this weekend.

Despite his lovely sentiment, I still can’t shake this feeling in the back of my mind that this is too good to last, and the other shoe will drop soon enough. I can’t figure out if I should try to bury that feeling altogether, or just acknowledge it and keep it in check.

Hm.

In other news: I have a big trip planned for next month – I’ll be with my parents for a week during this trip, and was planning to spend the rest of the time traveling alone (which I quite like doing). I’m considering asking TC if he’d like to join me on that leg of the trip – I think I’ll ask him this weekend. If I had to guess, I think he probably won’t be able to make it – it’s halfway around the world, a rather expensive flight, and he might not be able to take the time off work. But if he can…? That would be an amazing, special trip together.

Watch this space for updates!

6 comments:

a&v said...

Yay, you're back!! Just try to let go of those worries and enjoy this--unless, of course, you have real reasons for concerns. A far-flung overseas trip sounds fun! Esp. if TC can join you.

Loverville said...

At this point, I don't think I have any *real* reasons for these concerns... just keeping my guard up, I suppose.

Heather said...

Glad you're back and you're well! I hope things with TC continue to go well and that you are able to get passed the concerns that you have-nothing wrong with keeping your guard up-but don't let it get in the way!

Take care!

sexagenarian and the city said...

welcome back!
i've been told i have a disasterizing imagination, so i'm very happy to hear that things are going so well.

Samantha said...

Glad you are back, LV! And glad that TC continues to be supportive and wonderful to you as you deserve! I think it's totally ok this early on to still have your guard up. It will come down naturally as you guys get to know and trust each other more.

londongirl said...

ooooooh I hope this weekend went well and that he's able to come on your trip.

And please send me some of your love luck!!