Friday, December 14, 2007

See you next year

Had a lovely, romantic time with TC last night – but now I won’t see him until next year – actually, our next date is set for a month from today.

I have my big exotic trip coming up, and while I know I’ll have a blast, I’ve been a bit bummed about not the thought of not seeing TC for almost 3 weeks. Well – he just found out a few days ago about a big business trip he needed to go on this week. He left today, and he’s not coming back until the end of next week, after I leave for my trip. So much for that final, romantic weekend I'd been looking forward to!

This was a mentally draining week. Earlier in the week, I went from not really “feeling the love” from him to being convinced that it was over between us… mainly on the basis of his not calling and e-mailing as regularly as he normally did. Maybe it was a combination of a bad dose of PMS, stress from work and lack of sleep, but for a day or so, I got on the crazy train and couldn’t find my way off. Many supportive e-mails with wonderful friends were exchanged (thanks, everyone!), and they really helped me put things in perspective.

Thanks also for the advice here as well. Trust me, in my head I know I need to just relax, and stop overthinking this, and stop trying to predict what might happen with us. I wish it were as easy as that.

I’m in a better place today, and will do my best to stay here! Actually, this time apart might even be good for us – sometimes it’s good to be in a situation where you’re missed. This will certainly be an amazing time for me – a new country to explore, a new culture, some time spent with my parents. I’m excited for the adventures that await me!

5 comments:

Dating Trooper - Dating is Warfare said...

A big trip..I'm so jealous! Have a terrific time. And yes, this sounds like a PERFECT time to miss each other! Look forward to hearing about the trip (and the romantic reunion) when you return in 2008. You'll see from my blog entry today that I will be kicking off my year a lot differently than you. So I'll have to live vicariously for a few months. Your fellow head-gamer, DT

Heather said...

Have a wonderful time!! Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? I'm sure all will be figured out when you get back to each other in the new year!


Happy Holidays and have a safe and eventful trip!

mimi of 'sexagenarian and the city' said...

i'll miss you, LV! can you post from the exotic corner of the world you'll be in? there are internet cafes everywhere, so please keep your devoted fans up-to-date on yr thoughts. i have no words of wisdom except to hope that things work out well. of course i don't know TC, so i rely on your own good sense & intelligence to see you through, as i'm sure they will. Bon Voyage from mimi.

londongirl said...

Have a fab time while you're away - and I can absolutely relate to the not wanting to wait three weeks before seeing someone again. But with your adventures it'll go quickly, I'm sure!

acaligurl said...

bon voyage!! (is that for ships only??) oh well, happy travels.