Monday, January 28, 2008

Another one bites the dust.

(Now I have that Queen song stuck in my head)

Someone / something out there is making it very clear that I am NOT meant to be dating right now.

I got an e-mail from the Skydiver today explaining that while he’d had a very nice time on our date last week, he needed more time to clear his head – and thus needed to cancel our date this week.

No biggie – and I’m not all that surprised, since he did tell me early on that he was just out of a long-term relationship. I’d much rather him tell me this NOW than six months down the road! I can’t explain it, it just struck me as kind of … funny. (as in funny, ha, ha) I’m not taking it personally at all, but still found it very amusing when, after writing to three different friends with the news, they each wrote back that he was a “pussy”. (all three of them used that same word! Is it currently in vogue or something?) I love my friends.

*****

I had a blast on my non-date with Good Hair Guy yesterday – over brunch, I thoroughly enjoyed our conversation (mostly about dating, travel and NYC real estate), and found myself thinking that I need to hang out with him more often. We then went to a local bar where he thoroughly kicked my ass at both pool AND ping pong. Not much of a surprise there – he had already warned me that he was 1989 Springfield Junior Ping Pong Champion*, and man, was he competitive!

There was some very mild, innocent flirting going on… every so often I’d lean over and flash a little cleavage in an attempt to distract him from his ping pong game. It would work momentarily, until he’d regain composure, and would subsequently score another point. Overall, just a fun time.

I walked home thinking this was one of those times I was really happy to be single in New York City – it just felt “right”.

Lots of social activities this week, then heading out of town for work next week. A lot going on, keeping busy!

* not his real championship title.

4 comments:

a&v said...

Now I have that song stuck in my head, too! Thanks! :)

GHG sounds like a ton of fun and exactly what you need right now. Heck, I could use some of that right now, too.

Heather said...

Glad you had a good time! :) It's nice to keep it light and fun with no worries of what's next.

Keep having fun!

Anonymous said...

If I were you I would e-mail that pussy back and tell him you're glad to hear it because you were on the same page and about to cancel the date yourself. This will totally relieve the pressure and maybe even get him doubting himself.

midnite99 said...

Yay for guys who make you feel good about yourself! And really, yay for guys who are honest up-front. And yay for having lots of fun stuff to do! Hope the week's going well.