Thursday, January 10, 2008

Happy New Year!

Just a quick one – I’m back from my trip, and completely jetlagged and loopy! It was a great trip – some time spent with my parents in Foreign Country #1, then some quality time alone in Foreign Country #2 (but hung out with some very cool Aussie women for part of the time).

TC update: he wound up going away as well, to visit a buddy in yet another foreign country – when he last wrote a few days ago, he “thought” he was coming home by this weekend. Over the past few weeks apart, we kept in touch occasionally, but his e-mails were generally short and perfunctory. At this point, I’m pretty much resigned to the fact that this may be ending soon – none of his e-mails had the “miss you” or “can’t wait to see you” that they had in the past. I just can’t devote any more energy to something that seems like a lost cause.

Saying that, I’ll still keep an open mind when I see him next, ensuring that he’s the one who initiates plans to get together. Better act fast buddy, my weekend is filling up quickly!

Next time: info about the Sexy Older Guy and the wish for inner peace...

6 comments:

Samantha said...

Glad you are back from your trip safely and very happy you had a good time. You are right to keep an open mind about TC but I'm like you, I always prepare for the worst too.

Heather said...

Happy New year. And I think you have a good perspective on TC!! Good luck!

mimi of sexagenarian and the city said...

welcome back, LV! can't wait to read yr update, when you have a chance.
mimi

londongirl said...

Glad you had a good trip and are home safe. But I'll admit to being a bit disappointed about TC - glad you're feeling calm about it.

a&v said...

Ooh! SexyOlderGuy! That sounds intriguing ... And yes, TC should be the one to make plans with you for the weekend. It's Thursday already, so he'd better make it snappy!

acaligurl said...

ah! fresh from a vacation and ready to face the world!! ;)