Friday, January 11, 2008

He's back... then there's the Sexy Older Guy...

TC just got back from his international trip this morning, and e-mailed me to make plans for the weekend. (and yes, I thought it was strange for him to e-mail rather than call… ) I already had plans in place for most of the weekend (including a party tomorrow night that I’m very excited about), so we’re seeing each other Sunday night.

I feel that he's certainly pulled away, and I'm in two minds about what to do now. A part of me feels that if he's not in this 100%, then we should call it quits. Another part feels, why not keep him around and enjoy the fun times together? (but also start seeing other guys). I guess I have to wait til I see him to figure it out.

During my trip, I was at a location where it’s traditional to make a wish – in addition to good health and happiness for my family and friends, my wish was for inner peace for myself. I’m not particularly superstitious, but I really do feel a little less angst-ridden about TC than I was before my trip. Then again… a month apart could have that affect.

Some of you asked, if the opportunity for a vacation fling were to come up, what would I do? Well – no such opportunities arose. But there may be a chance for a future fling: on my last night, I had a drink with a much older (about 20 years my senior) guy, a friend of a colleague – let’s call him Richard Gere, as there was quite a strong resemblance. “Richard” is a very charming international traveler, with homes in three different countries. I sensed a bit of a connection, but had to dash to catch my flight. He later texted me that it was nice to meet me, and so on… and added “smart and cute? Now that’s nice”. Flattering! He has followed up with e-mails since -- I have a feeling we'll stay in touch...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's possible that TC is not sure of where you stand and wants to hold his cards close to the vest just in case you have changed.. you just never know. I think once you see him you will know pretty much immediately what is going on. Either way, your attitude is great and RG sounds quite appealing! Jessica

Samantha said...

I think you just go into your date with TC with a positive attitude and see how you feel and you will be able to gauge how he feels as well. You never really know until you are in the moment

meg said...

Trust your instinct about TC esp when you see him. RG could be very instrumental for your self-esteem which I think needs boosting. A little playing won't hurt you. Just don't to recognize what you want and what your priorities are. Go for it girl.

meg said...

I meant "do not forget to recognize". Sometimes we are blinded by what we see and hear. Feel and learn. Good luck.