Friday, February 8, 2008

Hello, Giddy!

A very quick note, as it’s late at night, and I should be packing for my business trip… but I’m too giddy!

I’ll get to the giddiness in a moment – but first, this week’s Dating Updates:

Good Voice: date went well the other night – we had a really nice connection, and I heard back from him already, saying he’s looking forward to seeing me again.

Other New Guy: don’t have a name for him yet – we had a fun phone conversation, and have already made plans for when I’m back in town. From his profile, I sense that he’s not looking for anything serious, which could actually be OK for me at this time.

Musician: speaking of fun… THIS could be an interesting situation: I got an e-mail from a very lovely-sounding guy who is, ahem, 12 years younger than I am. It was the picture of him with his shirt off that got to me – perfect, sculpted body. Really, the type of body that inspires fine art. So far, we’ve e-mailed a few times, but I’m keeping my guard up – I’m almost waiting for the joke to be revealed. I mean… my real age is listed on my profile… ? Are guys at that age really interested in women my age? (IF anything were to happen, I only see this as a fling possibility – and would be 100% honest about that with him.)

Now – for the giddy-making news:

I’m leaving on a business trip tomorrow, which (because of last-minute flight changes) now involves a five-hour layover in Other City. I happen to have a Quasi-Ex in this city. “Quasi” because we dated on and off when we were about 25, but were never quite BF/GF.

Gradually lost touch and stopped dating. About 4 years ago, he called me out of the blue, saying he had moved out of town, but was back in NY on business, and would I like to meet for a drink?

I was in the midst of a serious relationship at that time, and told QE this – we still decided to meet up. We were on our best behavior, but there was definitely a “zing” there, even without any physical contact.

A year later, I was single – got in touch with him again, and we talked about one of us planning a trip to visit the other. Finally, months later, I had a week-long work trip to his city – we were inseparable the whole week. And yet, by the end of the week, I’d had enough. Maybe I’ll elaborate another time, but I felt that our “relationship” had run its course (at least for the week).

Sporadic e-mails here and there after then. Until yesterday, when I found out that I was going to have five hours of down time in this Other City. My e-mail to him got a very enthusiastic response. A few e-mails later, some catching up on the phone... and I’ll just say that tomorrow night can not arrive quickly enough. Alas... it's sure to be the shortest five hours ever in the history of time.

I know I often lament being single on these pages. But times like this? Makes it all worthwhile.

Very giddy-making indeed!

6 comments:

Dating Trooper - Dating is Warfare said...

Wow! This post makes being single sound VERY fun! Enjoy and don't forget to let us all know how it went!

mimi of 'sexagenarian and the city' said...

safe trip, lv! and btw i don't trust that semi-naked musician...but everything else sounds terrific. have a great time.

a&v said...

I'm giddy for you, too! This all sounds very fun. Viva la single life!

midnite99 said...

Lots of fun stuff! Hope you're enjoying yourself. :)

jgo said...

Booty call!!! Nice LV!

Mo said...

I hope you had a great time on your trip and catching up with this old flame. I wonder who it is? Do I know? ha ha

This is when it sounds really fun to be single. I am off to wash the dishes now. boo hoo