Wednesday, March 12, 2008

When it's time to change...

Just a quick one – work has been kicking my ass this week, and I have a business trip quickly approaching that needs my attention.

In the meantime – I’ve had a few more lovely dates with Good Voice (including – ahem – our first sleepover…).

I really like him, and have a comfortable, easy time with him... but in a way, I feel like I'm holding back a bit, maybe because:
1. the idea of getting hurt is still fresh in my mind
2. I haven't quite come to grips with our age difference yet – for most of my adult life, I’ve tended to date guys either my age, or a year or two older. GV is a few years older than that. BUT – I do like the fact that he’s very mature and “together” and, to borrow a very apt expression from my friend M, emotionally present.
3. looks-wise, he's different from my usual short/Jewish-looking/full-hair type. That's not a terrible thing... just takes some getting used to. I have a guy friend who used to joke that I "got" all my guys at the same store. Years ago, I even had a boyfriend find a pic of an ex-boyfriend and remark that they looked somewhat alike. So – here’s to change! Change is good.

Amongst other positive qualities, he DOES have something that's a must for me: a fabulous smile. And I like that he uses it quite frequently!

In other news – the FOF (Friend of a Friend) left a message tonight – quite a surprise. If you recall – we had a bit of a wine-fueled smooch session a few weeks ago, on our second date. (the first date was two months prior). We tried to make plans after that, but couldn’t seem to coordinate a night – in my last e-mail from him, a week ago, he said to give him a shout when I was back in town. It felt like a brush-off – but I was OK with that, since I was starting to feel that I only wanted to date GV.

Anyway! No decisions need to be made today! In case I don’t have a chance to write, have a great week, everyone!

7 comments:

a&v said...

"Emotionally present"--I like that! Ooh, and the first sleepover! Well, here's to variety and a little change. I figure that at the very least, you and I can learn things from our older men.

Samantha said...

Hahaha, my friends always say my exes all look the same too!

mimi of sexagenarian and the city said...

i know what you mean about holding back a little, because the hurt is still fresh...but (if you're like me) that will gradually disappear, after a while. and it's not altogether a bad thing at the beginning: the emotions like to protect themselves.

Cara Hurley said...

All my exs look totally different.

Trish Ryan said...

Sounds good. I love that all your past guys looked alike! When I started dating a new guy in college (who was, I thought, different in every way from my ex) EVERYONE called new guy ex's name. Apparently, I have a "type" :)

mimi of sexagenarian and the city said...

lv, i 'tagged' you. see newest post w. tag 'rules' at end. only if you have time...

Wireless said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.