Sunday, April 13, 2008

Hiatus

A few weeks ago, I wrote that I was feeling pretty confident that GV was quite into me – but it seems that now, he’s just not as effusive as he was then. Must stop overthinking things, and keep in mind that there’s bound to be an ebb and flow in a relationship – especially in a new relationship. (while paying attention to any potential warning signs!).

At the same time… this week, in a group setting, he (pleasantly) surprised me by introducing me to someone as “my girlfriend, [LV]”. It’s just that old “wait and see” game, isn’t it? I’ve never been good at that one – patience is NOT my strong point.

And now –we’re about to go on hiatus, of a sort. I’m heading out of town this week, to be gone for several weeks. On my last business trip, GV and I kept in touch regularly, so we’ll just have to see what this latest separation brings. We’ve already talked about planning another little getaway together when I return, so that’s something to look forward to.

In case I don’t have a chance to write from the road, Happy Spring, everyone!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish wish wish I could make you not worry so much. I wonder why you get on edge so much in relationships? Why do you think that they will stop liking you? If you were dating a guy who worried every minute about the relationship temperature wouldn't you want to smack him in the face? If I were you, I might seriously look into why you do that. No shame in getting a little outside help and I mean a pill or serious therapy or something. I'm not being mean. I mean it kindly. I hope you see that.

Loverville said...

Thanks for your concern -- I must admit, this is usually the forum for my angst (besides seeing a therapist). I don't reveal it (and certainly don't feel it) 24 / 7, but it tends to be concentrated here. I certainly do NOT reveal it to the guy!

It's like when I read back on old journal entries, I'm find myself thinking, "Man, was I really that depressed all the time?". I wasn't -- but the occasional times I wrote WAS when I was happened to be depressed, and I found writing it out to be cathartic. Kind of like venting here.

dv in the 51st state said...

If writers only wrote when they were happy, there'd be very, very few books (or blogs!) writ...

Enjoy your break LV, and thx for your advice (think I have met someone special...)

Anonymous said...

Don't call it a hiatus!! You are travelling, totally normal. I would definitley act like nothing is up and plan to keep in touch w/ him on a regular basis (assumining it is reciprocated). Honestly, he would not intro you as gf and say you are his gf if things are heading south (but I get your worries, totally normal). jess

Heather said...

have a safe trip.
I hope things work out and all will be normal while you're away!
Take it easy.
hugs!

Dating Trooper - Dating is Warfare said...

I bet you are just feeling this little bit of anxiety because you are leaving right at the peak of "new relationship bliss." I don't know about you but when that happens to me I always get anxious that my absence will kill the momentum. It doesn't! Have a wonderful trip, enjoy yourself and he'll be thrilled to see you when you return!

Trish Ryan said...

Happy Spring. Here's hoping for some unexpected surprises that make this seem more real and tangible for you. I'm terrible at wondering, but hopefully he won't leave you there for too long.

Anonymous said...

I really hope you had a great time away. You deserve and NEED a break to recharge and take your mind off of things. I think what you are feeling and thinking is normal. Nothing in life is guaranteed and I think it is a way you try to protect yourself but you must take chances. I don't believe there is a perfect age difference between people in a romantic relationship. I would guess that he is really into you if he intro'd you that way to others (sweet :) ) but don't over think it. What will be will be and the only thing that matters is if he is making you happy! The fact that you don't go too long before meeting someone great is a sign that you are a catch and that means you will find that someone special.

Mo