Sunday, May 11, 2008

The reunion

I’m back!

Had a wonderful trip – part business trip, part vacation – but I’m happy to be back home in my wonderful New York, all blooming and spring-like.

While I was away, I was in touch with Good Voice on a regular basis – mostly e-mail, a few phone calls, usually sprinkled with some “miss you”s. Had our reunion this weekend – sexy and passionate – but at the same time, I feel that we need to get re-acquainted with each other a bit. After all, when you’ve been dating someone for just a few months, a few weeks apart is a rather big chunk of time.

I’m doing my best to live in the present these days – not just with GV, but overall in life. Sure, a part of me is noticing that he doesn’t seem quite as effusive as he was in those early days – but part of staying in the present is keeping in mind that he has already asked when we can see each other again. We’ve also talked about taking a short out-of-town trip together soon. I just can’t shake that “waiting for the other shoe to drop” feeling that sometimes permeates my new relationships.

I did such a good job of NOT stressing about him these past few weeks while I was away – I really shouldn’t start now!

4 comments:

Dating Trooper - Dating is Warfare said...

Yay! Welcome back! Glad you had a good trip and a good reunion with your man. From this end it all sounds good. Of course, I TOTALLY understand about uneccessary stressing...I think it's in our DNA. But good for you for enjoying life in the moment!
Look forward to hearing more as you reacquaint yourselves.
DT

Heather said...

welcome back! sounds like you're in a good place right now! :)

midnite99 said...

Good to have you back! And I'm glad you had such a good reunion with GV. Oh, and if you have any tips on staying in the present - please share! :)

Trish Ryan said...

Welcome back! You're right...stressing won't help anything. Happy reunion :)