Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fricking patience

I miss New Guy.

It's been nearly a week since we've seen each other -- he's been out of town on a business trip for a few days now, but we have plans to see each other when he gets back later this week.

Big "harrumph" -- despite very sweet, warm e-mails just before he left, I haven't heard from him since he's been away. I know how crazed business trips can be... but still. Just trying to exercise patience. It's always harder for the person who is still at home, isn't it?

Then there's Super Cutie -- I finally got an e-mail from him a week and a half after our last date. I'm convinced there's nothing there anyway - but even just having him "available" via e-mail might be a good distraction to prevent me from focusing too much energy on New Guy. No immediate plans with him at the moment -- he's traveling a lot for work these days -- but it's kind of nice to keep him in the picture, even if it's just electronically.

In the "totally unexpected" department: I was at a bar with friends on Friday, and met a guy -- let's call him Smiley. He's a friend of a friend of a friend. Cute, charming, funny. There may have been some mild flirting going on... or was it the booze? We exchanged cards -- maybe I'll hear from him, maybe I won't. Regardless, I can't remember the last time I met a guy in the wild!*

As much as I'd love to focus all my attention on New Guy, I feel it's too soon. Even if I don't do as much as kiss another guy, it's nice to know that there are other options out there.

In another department, this time, "WTF?": I got a Facebook friend request today from Good Voice! Remember him? The douchebag who lied about his age, and started seeing other women while I was out of town (while we were supposedly dating exclusively)? Some details here.

No note of explanation why he wanted to add me as a friend again. I briefly considered accepting his request out of curiosity to see if an explanation would follow. Then I remembered how disgusted I was with him at the end of our time together, and hit IGNORE with great satisfaction.

* thanks to Dating Trooper for the coinage.

3 comments:

Dating Trooper - Dating is Warfare said...

I bet Good Voice just let Facebook send friend invites automatically to his email contacts. That's the explanation I pull out for bizarre friend invitations anyway.

Consider it a good sign that you miss New Guy so much!

And thanks for the "credit"... maybe that term will stick?!

mimi of 'sexagenarian and the city' said...

absolutely right not to friend GV; i remember what a scumbag he was.
glad you have a few guys to keep you from too much focus on NG. and that's a great term from DT; i'd love to meet a guy in the wild!
-- in his native habitat, which at this sexagenarian age would probably be a golf course or an ethnic restaurant.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you did not friend that guy. No way! He doesn't deserve a response. Keep yourself very busy while your guy is out of town but keep those other options open too. Take care,
Mo