Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Just chill.

Things might be OK with New Guy after all – here’s hoping.

It was a small, simple gesture – just a little gift he gave to me. Nothing expensive – not at all – but it was very sweet and thoughtful, and it was something he knew I’d like. I’m still touched.

It had been nearly a week since I’d seen him last, and in the back of my mind, I went into our date feeling that things were somehow different. By the time we said goodnight, however, it seemed that we were back in that happy place.

A bit of forced slowness this month – we won’t have much of a chance to see each other over the next few weeks, as we’re both busy with work, and we both have a few business trips approaching. I’m one of the most impatient people I know, but even I can acknowledge that taking it slowly can only be a good thing.

Then there’s Super Cutie. We had that second date – I went into it expecting (and truthfully, somewhat hoping) that there would be no connection. But we had a lovely time, and I have a feeling we’ll see each other again. Admittedly, I don’t feel that same immediate *zing* that I felt from the start with New Guy – but really, how much importance should one give the zing?

Incidentally – these two guys have the same name. Different variations on the same name (ala, “Phil” and “Philip”) – but yes, same name. This can be a good thing – but the possibility for a misstep is there. Let’s just say that I’m VERY careful about eyeing the guy’s name before I send out that e-mail or text message.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds very promising!! I really have my fingers crossed on this one.
On another note, a while ago I made a comment here about Facebook that I thougt it was immature to "de" friend someone. Now that I am on facebook I see the access that a friend has. So my belated apologies for questioning that move... now I understand! jess

midnite99 said...

I hope it continues to go well, and at a sustainable pace! The same name thing is always interesting...definitely good to be VERY careful before sending, as you say.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are in a good place with both of these lucky guys. Keep taking it slow and enjoy the journey. Have a great weekend!
Mo :)

Mouldy-Old-Tartlet said...

Sounds promising!

I can completely understand, however, your (reluctant) preparations for writing things off with New Guy in your previous posting - after all, we can only learn from experience - and, boy, have some of us girlies had some experiences!

Fingers, toes & eyes crossed that things continue well :)

Anonymous said...

please update, I am bizarrely curious....jess

Anonymous said...

Me too! I hope it's going well.