Monday, October 20, 2008

One-month recap

A quick update -- swamped with work these days.

New Guy: just passed the one-month point since our first date, and still moving along nicely. Haven't seen him as much as I'd like lately (we've both been out of town on business trips here and there)... but he's still giving signs that he's enjoying our time together. Eg, the other day he mentioned a quaint nearby town where he'd like us to do a day trip.

Doing my best not to analyze and overthink it -- it helps that I'm too busy with work to devote too much brain time to him! But now that I'm mulling over him as I try to write this? I'm smiling and a bit giddy with the thought of him. So yes, I like him... quite a bit.

Super Cutie: I'm getting the "he's just not that into you" vibe from him, which is totally OK. Amusing, even. Had a third date last week, and he seemed a little too quick to want to dash from our brief goodnight kiss. No word since then.

So what does this mean... when work eases up in a few weeks, I'll need to decide if I want to get back on J-date (my membership expired), or just see what happens with the adorable, wonderful New Guy? Will decide at that time.

1 comment:

d in the 51st state said...

hey - good to read you are in a calm place, got your equanimity back. Truly, I don't know why guys suck (ref. your earlier post), but you KNOW you are a catch and the "right" bloke will know that too. Perhaps he already does... Dx