Friday, May 1, 2009

Holy crap! Newsflash!

Some of you may remember -- in March I wrote about a guy with whom I had three good dates (so I thought) -- Mr. Recurring. But he met another woman during that time, and decided he wanted to be exclusive with her. End of story.

Today, I found myself thinking about the qualities that I liked in a guy -- smart, sophisticated, well-traveled -- and remembered that he had those qualities. Hm, wonder if they've broken up yet, I thought to myself? So I checked his Facebook page (he's not a FB friend, but has no security blocks to prevent non-friends from reading all the details).

Guess what?!! They're ENGAGED! Not only engaged -- they're getting married in June, only three months after meeting for the first time! (I know this for a fact because she and I share a mutual acquaintance)

I'm not bothered by this on a personal level -- please, he and I only had three dates -- but I'm just gobsmacked at the stupidity of this! Why the rush?

Anyway, best of luck to them -- and thanks for providing great blog fodder!

10 comments:

Life On Edge. said...

wow that IS really fast. I mean, I was fast, but that is speedy super faster than light fast.

Life On Edge. said...

But maybe you will get engaged after 2 months heheheh

Loverville said...

I think it's one thing to get *engaged* quickly... but to tie the knot so soon after that? Not smart.

Anyway... not MY problem!

Lori said...

WOW. Preggers, maybe? That's completely ridiculous! Can you dig up more dirt on this? I am intrigued...

Dating Trooper said...

Mama mia. My guess is preggers. I had a whopper of news too when my friend, who met her boyfriend 6 months after I met WG, told me last week she is 3 mos. pregnant. Another one bites the dust.
Definitely report more dirt when/if you get it.

Loverville said...

Ha -- funny, I hadn't even thought of the "pregnant" possibility! That seems so quaint / 1950s, to have to get married just because you're preggers.

But yes, I'll try to dig up dirt on that (will check Facebook pics for growing midsection)... OR to see if one of them lists "single" again any time soon!

Anonymous said...

Well, it happens sometimes. Some people fall in love fast. It's like being hit by a train. It sucks it's not you, LV, but maybe it's fate for them, not stupidity. It does happen.

Tiny E said...

Call me jaded but I thought preggers too. I mean, like you said, it's one thing to get engaged a minute after you meet someone but why the rush to actually tie the knot? Is it possible that these two dated each other years ago and reconnected a few months ago? So it's not as though they're two strangers doing this? I'll need more info please.

And if you need another um, investigator, I'm quite good.

Loverville said...

Anon: actually -- it doesn't suck at all that it's not me. I've moved very quickly in some past relationships, and at this point, a proposal from a guy I've been dating for barely two months would freak me out.

Tiny E: actually, I do know for sure that they only met recently -- this was confirmed by the mutual friend I share with the soon-to-be-Mrs-Recurring. (hm, further investigation? I'll e-mail you!)

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine getting married after knowing someone for two months.