Sunday, May 10, 2009

Nice and easy (?)

A month or so ago I wrote that there were two guys in the picture: Mr Easy and Martin. I liked them both, but knew that these things have a way of working themselves out, so I didn’t stress over the notion that I’d have to choose one over the other.

Update: I’m still seeing both of them, but I’ve been seeing Martin more frequently and have been more intimate with him – it just feels like a more natural connection. Actually, this is the most fun I've had with a guy in a long time.

And yet? I'm not stressing about "how-much-does-he-like-me" / "where-is-this-going" -- and the fact that I'm NOT stressing about this is throwing me off a bit! That's not my usual M.O. -- when I like a guy, I analyze it inside-out, upside-down til the cows come home, dammit!

Maybe I'm not stressing (yet) because:
1. maybe I'm not sure how much I like him at this early stage?
2. maybe because he's been reliable so far -- calls regularly (he's much more of a phone person than an e-mail person), and texts to let me know he's looking forward to seeing me again, etc.
3. maybe because -- *gasp* -- I'm getting older and wiser and am realizing that I DON'T have to stress about these things because I'm not 16 and waiting for a guy to ask me to the prom?
4. maybe, just maybe it's because I kind of, sort of still have Mr Easy in the picture -- but probably not for much longer.

Oh -- Martin also casually dropped in a phone conversation that he was recently out with a friend who happened to be a bit of a player, but by contrast, he's more of a relationship guy. Good to know.

Anyway -- give me a few more weeks with this guy and I'm sure I'll be back to my usual overthinking, overly-analytical self.

3 comments:

Beth said...

"Anyway -- give me a few more weeks with this guy and I'm sure I'll be back to my usual overthinking, overly-analytical self."

Something to look forward to. :) lol

I think it is because you are dating two guys. I'm actually also in the very early stages of dating a few men. Never ever did that before! I'm super casual about everything now. Never ever did that before either! It's fun! I also so far am not taking anything personally if someone starts to be rude or inappropriate or doesn't call. Just - next! I should have been dating more than one guy before. I think I thought nice people didn't do that.

I guess the key is not flipping out when things get serious and there's more risk.

mimi of 'sexagenarian and the city' said...

Sounds very nice. May all the good feelings continue.

wineandthecity said...

HI LG, and thanks for the update.
It's probably a combination of 'all of the above' that's making you not over analyze, but I'll stress that as Martin is being reliable and keen, it sure makes it easier to not wig out. I will give you this to think about:
Does he give you butterflies?