Sunday, July 26, 2009

Out with the new, in with the old.

Thanks to Dating Trooper for the suggestion -- McC is now Blaine. Love it -- finally, a name that fits! (though he is not an appliance)

Then again: this will most likely be his last blog appearance. After nearly a week of silence after our last date, I sent an innocuous email along the lines of, hey, are you going to that get-together our mutual friends are having? He responded in a not-exactly-warm fashion: not sure, I'm going to try.

I decided not to beat around the bush. Sent another email with my real question, noting that his previous interest had seemed to have morphed into silence, and that if he was no longer interested, he should feel free to say so. He wrote back thanking me for the opportunity to be honest (um, the opportunity was always there, dude...) -- I was the first girl he was really interested in since his last breakup a few months ago, but he needed more time off, and work is really busy, etc etc. Said he wanted to chat -- we've played phone tag since then, but I feel like I've already heard what he has to say. So that's that.

****

Blast from the past: Martin seems to be back.

If you recall, we dated rather casually a few months back -- I ended things because one, he had gotten somewhat flaky with communication, and two, because he said he wasn't in a mindset for a serious relationship.

Well -- he's been contacting me rather regularly since then (we had said we'd stay friends), and we wound up getting together a few days ago. That same chemistry is still there. I enjoy his company -- he's a fun, smart, affectionate guy.

My friend D, bless her heart, was very skeptical when I told her that he's back in the picture -- I wrote this to her:
To be honest, I see HIM as someone to have fun with right now, and don't really see us getting serious. Yes, I DO want something serious, when I find the right guy... but I think I can enjoy the attention of someone else (for now, him) in the meantime. I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. At least for the moment, he's fulfilling some need in me -- the need to be affectionate, the need to have fun with a cool guy, etc.

It's only been a few days since that most recent date, and maybe it's because my expectations are so low, but I've been pleasantly surprised so far. He's been calling and texting on a regular basis, making plans for this week and beyond. (eg, did I mind that he made a reservation for us for a fabulous restaurant that he's been wanting to try?)

So -- we'll see.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Regarding "Blaine":

I once met a guy I really got on with, but he couldn't decide, there was maybe another girl, etc. etc. blah blah. So in our last conversation, I said he could do his thing, make up his mind about her, whatever, and I wouldn't be waiting.

He was puzzled. He was expecting me to say I would be waiting, so he thought he had misheard me!

So, LV, don't be waiting.

--JAC

Loverville said...

Oh nosiree -- no waiting here! Onward!

Dating Trooper said...

Yeah, sounds like good ol' Blaine is biding his time. Maybe playing something else out? Move on Molly Ringwald! He may be back I suspect...timing is everything.

Curious about Martin though. I wonder if he is playing out the "let's be friends" thing or finally ready to try something? Well, there's only one way to find out. And it doesn't hurt to have fun along the way.

mimi of 'sexagenarian and the city' said...

Happy to hear you're keeping busy.
I'd love to know: what restaurant?
(if, that is, you can say....)

Guy Friend said...

Very cool that martin is back in the picture. Keep us posted LV.