Saturday, August 29, 2009

Welcome back, A&V! (and some non-updates)

My old blog buddy, formerly known as Amore & Vino, has found herself a new URL home -- Single in the (Napa) Valley. Pay her a visit to say HI, and pass on a few words of encouragement!

Minor updates:

* I heard from Martin for the first time since the breakup early in the week -- a mass email, inviting me to his upcoming birthday party. No thanks -- no response necessary.

I felt a twinge of missing him for a half-day or so after the breakup -- but as I biked through his neighborhood a few days later, I realized that I was feeling relief to NOT be dating him any longer. He just wasn't right for me, but I was initially willing to overlook that for the sake of a good connection and fun companionship. Lesson learned, I hope.

* I'm convinced that DogMan isn't interested in me, despite hours of easy convo on our date the other night. I know -- "The Rules" dictate that a woman should wait for a man to make the first contact after a date, but I got impatient: two days after the date, I emailed him some info that I had promised I'd send, signing off with a breezy "have a great weekend -- talk soon". (eh, I've always been a rule-breaker anyway)

He wrote back a short while later, thanking me for the information, and wished me a great weekend as well. Polite, but not exactly warm. No suggestion of talking soon or getting together again. It's fine. Onward!

* As Guy Friend reminded me: it doesn't seem like it's a match with him, but you've got 5-6 other chickens in the oven, so to speak. It's true. I already have two dates planned in the next few days, in addition to communication with other J-guys simmering away. Details to come!

5 comments:

Ruby said...

Thanks for the welcome! Good work, lining up those other "chickens in the oven." I aspire to have the same menagerie--and not because I wish to have a lot of guys on the line, of course, (stressful!) but because that way, one is less likely to pin her affections to one too soon. (And also, as we've seen, it's helpful to have another date or two lined up when someone turns out to be a douchebag!)

Anonymous said...

Speaking of old blogging friends, do you know what happened to the Cute Jewess?

Loverville said...

Anon: she just got tired of blogging -- I think she just reached a point where it was no longer fun for her.

We're still friends, and I'll let her know that her fans are asking about her! :)

mimi of 'sexagenarian and the city' said...

Yes, please let CJ know that I asked about her also.

Guy Friend said...

Best of luck with your new chickens....