Sunday, November 15, 2009

Over the course of a week...

Someone recently commented on here that I tend to get giddy quickly over guys I like. That's true -- if I meet someone with whom I sense a good connection, I like to focus on that person, and find it hard to get to know other guys while learning about the recipient of my giddiness.

And yet -- I also realize that the giddiness may be fleeting -- but I still like to enjoy that good feeling while it lasts. Better to have felt giddiness temporarily, than never to feel giddiness at all, to paraphrase Tennyson.

Saying that, the update on Capt Awesome: it seems that mutually, the giddiness seems to have waned somewhat. There was that one week where we were emailing and texting just about every day -- this week, not so much. We saw each other one night this week -- it continues to feel easy and comfortable. But when a friend asked if I was excited about him, I had to admit to myself: I wasn't, really. Can't explain why.

I'll continue to date him, and see if anything develops. In the meantime, Smooch and I have been exchanging messages, trying to make plans to get together. I've been exchanging emails with a new guy on Jdate. All very "wait and see" right now, and I'm just fine with that.

Last time I mentioned that Capt Awesome had taken down his Jdate profile. This week, it was back up. And that's OK too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me clarify-I think giddy is good (you never want to lose the child inside of you, really). Just wonder whether that comes off to guys as a bit...desperate maybe? I have seen it many, many times before. Also, I think you let go of over guys too quickly if a new one comes along-giddy is good, just keep pots simmering on the back burner a bit longer. My two cents.

Ruby said...

I often wonder how long The Giddy is "supposed" to last. ("Supposed" in quotes because I don't think there is any rule to this.) I felt the giddiest about the man who didn't love me, so for me The Giddy doesn't really mean much. It's a great feeling but ... Will I come off as a hard-nosed realist if I say I don't think The Giddy is where it's at?

Then again, I'm a fairly calm, cool and collected type person. Giddiness isn't found in my natural habitat. ;)

Loverville said...

Anon: I think I'm pretty cautious with a new guy in not revealing my hand too soon -- one reason why I let it out here. THIS is my outlet for that, as well as talking to friends.

Ruby, you're right. "Giddy" can be defined in many ways -- for me, it comes down to: am I excited to see this guy again? If I'm indifferent -- well, that's rather telling.

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read the article. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Dating advice for women said...

Hey, don't worry too much about Capt Awesome. I've always found that my attraction for a man ebbs and flows

Anonymous said...

Top 100 dating, relationship and singles blogs | Toronto Speed Date

You and guy friend are listed. Do a search.