Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I'm back!

I’m back – and very happy that I’ve returned to a spring-like NYC, with trees blossoming all over the place! (Ok, there are monsoon rains outside right now, but it's better than dealing with temperatures in the upper 90s, which is what I've been sweltering through the past two weeks!)

I’m also happy to report that while I was away in that very hot Other Country, Bond and I communicated nearly every day via email or text – we considered trying to talk via Skype, but with the time difference, it was tough (not to mention that I’d want to look my best if I was going to be video chatting with him – and I generally look like death at 7 am, which would have been the best time to talk).

Several times, we exchanged pics of how we were spending our days – I especially liked when he sent me a video of him biking in the park on one of those beautiful, sunny days that NYC has been enjoying lately. Our emails didn’t have an especially romantic tone – I thought that was a good thing, since we’d only had one date. Romanticism would have seemed premature – but I thought it was telling that he kept in touch, and even told me that he appreciated the fact that I was able to email him regularly, given my busy work schedule.

I received a "welcome home" text from him the second I landed -- I'm still smiling about that!

We made plans for the evening of my return – I knew there was a good chance I’d be jetlagged, but was willing to take the chance…

(to be continued)

9 comments:

Plentymorefishoutofwater said...

Ah, sounds promising. Love the welcome home text. Very cute.
*Plentymorefishoutofwater - One Man's Dating Diary*

Lifebeginsat30ty said...

Awe, he sounds like a keeper! Creative too ;) I want a boy to send me a video of him biking through the park! *gushing*

http://lifebeginsat30ty.blogspot.com

mimi of sexagenarian and the city said...

As a family friend used to say, back in the 1950s,

So far so good, so good so far.

(Does anyone say that any more or is it totally antiquated? In those days, it was just one of those pre-fab expressions...)

Anonymous said...

Hooray Hooray Hooray!!

I really hope this turns out well!! Can't wait to hear more!!


--PT

Ruby said...

Welcome back! And this just sounds good, good, good. Now hurry back and tell us the rest!

Dark Cloud Nine said...

aww he sounds sweet... I can't wait to read the rest..

CoatMan said...

That is adorable! Best wishes with International Man of Mystery!

wsxwhx723 said...

IS VERY GOOD..............................

Tiia Jones said...

Well I hope it gets more romantic very quickly. Glad you're back! He sounds like a cutie.

http://teacherintl.typepad.com/blog/ love. com