Thursday, April 29, 2010

Adventures in Speed Dating

My friend "Rita" and I had been talking about doing a speed dating event for ages - she had never been, and was encouraged when I had three matches at a recent event (never mind that none of those guys have remained in the picture...).

We set the date. She asked if she could invite another mutual friend, Stella. Sure. A few days later -- pure coincidence -- I found out that another friend, Mary, had signed up. And when I found out that Lucky Girl had never done one of these milestones-in-NY-dating? Well -- come along! The more the merrier!

There are some pros and some cons to doing a speed dating event with a gaggle of friends.

Pros: you can rehash over the lame dates afterwards.

Cons: you might like the same guy. And he might like both of you. Or all of you.

TO BE CONTINUED...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are kinda weird

Loverville said...

Thank you, anonymous! I think so as well. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Lifebeginsat30ty said...

Ahaha. This sounds like it's going to be a fun post! Or at least interesting ;)

LuckyGirl said...

Because what's NOT to be liked about ALL of us :-)
And you are wonderfully, adorably weird, Loverville. WONDERFULLY AND ADORABLY.

Loverville said...

Awww, LG, you're the best! You're wonderfully and adorably weird as well!

30: OH yes, very interesting... one life lesson coming up!

Lovestruck said...

It's funny how you should mention the cons! Last week me and my friend Laura went to a speed dating event and we both enjoyed it but we were both interested in this one guy! After the event, we sat down and weighed up how we were going to decide who got him. In the end we solved the problem, she bought me two bottles of wine and treated me to a meal.