Sunday, May 9, 2010

Eyjafjallajökull sucks.

That damn Icelandic volcano is a thorn in my side. I have a flight tomorrow for a work trip, and that ash-hole just might disrupt my plans. Deep breath -- serenity now!

In the meantime, a few quick dating updates:

* I had three lunch dates last week. I've since decided that I hate lunch dates. I just don't like having my work day disrupted like that -- seemed like a good idea at the time. Anyway. Two were definite NO's, and one is a strong MAYBE.

* I've now had four dates with Sparky. I'm still on the fence about him... I like him, but there's something missing. A friend once said: I want someone who can run faster than I can (metaphorically speaking). And I don't think he's that guy. Anyway -- I don't need to decide anything right now - will see what it feels like when I'm back in town.

* Sigh! Then there's François...oooh, mon petit amour! Well -- not amour, but I don't know how to say "object of lust" in French. HELLA hot, tres sexy French guy -- we've had two dates so far -- BUT he's only working in NY temporarily, leaving in a few weeks. The kissing chemistry? Ohhh la la. The other day, after date number two, he wrote to me: next time, I will keep you for the night. Oui, s'il vous plaît! Alas, "next time" will have to wait about two weeks, after my trip...

* I got an email the other day from a new guy on OK Cupid -- well, not so new. I *knew* he looked familiar, but couldn't place him. Let's call him Curly, due to his hair. I searched my dating Word docs from the past five years -- no mention of Curly in recent years. (I only started keeping notes on my dating life in 2005)

I wrote back to him, saying I just KNEW that we'd met before, but couldn't place him. He wrote back -- he figured it out -- an old friend of mine is his cousin, and we met while I was out with her one night about ten years ago. He said that we seemed to hit it off at the time, but we never went out again -- I was about to leave the country for a few weeks.

IF my hazy memory is correct, I think I was distracted by a hot young Brazilian guy at the time, and maybe that's why I didn't go out with Curly again. Anyway - we have a nice email rapport now, so we'll see if there's a connection when I'm back in town in a few weeks.

Have a great next-two-weeks -- and wish me luck with this damn volcano!

5 comments:

theperpetualspiral said...

That volcano has been a royal pain in the arse.

Lifebeginsat30ty said...

Why do all the most promising ones have to have such complications of only being the in country for a few weeks at a time?!? Does he come back regularly? Do you have a passport? ;)

This volcano is getting annoying. Although it would be cool to take a boat across the Atlantic. Maybe I could bring more luggage! :D

jo said...

hmm somehow i've never had luck with french guys. the ones i've met were just strange. i laughed when i read that you kept word docs of your dating life 'coz that's so what i did haha!

good luck with the volcano and your dating life :)

LuckyGirl said...

If anyone can kick that volcano's ass, it's you! Good luck, angel. But MOST importantly, safe travels. And I must say, there's something I like about Curly, if only the wonderful story this would be should things happen to work out for the better...
Big bisous (not the Francois kind :-p)
xxoo

Anonymous said...

"Why do all the most promising ones have to have such complications of only being the in country for a few weeks at a time?!?"

This one is easy. You (and many others) like the unavailable ones BECAUSE they are unavailable not in spite of it.