Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Getting off the dating carousel.

Since my first date with Jon last week, we had another wonderful evening together -- a picnic in the park -- plus a quick coffee just before I went out of town for the weekend.

It / he just feels... right. Way too soon to tell where this might go, but right now, I'm enjoying the ride. I'm very excited to get to know him better, and he seems equally giddy as well. Saying that -- while his emails and texts have been quite enthusiastic, I'm trying to keep mine a bit more subdued. If this continues, there will be time for that. Later.

I must say, he gives VERY good email! While I was away over the weekend, we exchanged a few emails and texts. He's funny, smart, sweet and flirty. Definitely made me excited about seeing him again -- we have plans later this week.

In the meantime, I've decided to get off the dating merry-go-round that I've been riding of late. This isn't to say that I've decided to date him exclusively... I just don't want to date anyone else right now. It feels really good to have more time to go out with my friends, or just more time alone.

I still have to officially cancel things with Sparky -- after five dates, I feel that I should do this via phone, which seems more courteous than email. Still, I keep postponing it -- I hate making this type of call, though I'm sure he won't exactly be heartbroken. Chances are, he won't even be surprised -- I canceled our date last week, and cut short the one prior to it.

I can't wait to see Jon again. Am trying not to think about him too much. Trying to stay distracted, and *not* continuously reread his emails and texts. Trying.

5 comments:

Tiia Jones said...

I love that! "He gives very good email." That's terrific! I'm happy for you.

Ruby said...

I like it! A lot. I suspect you'll be opening a certain bottle of wine very soon ...

Samantha said...

keep us posted!

mimi of sexagenarian and the city said...

Okay, here's hoping! And I like to think that you're going to be around a while; that will certainly help things gel or is it gell or is it jell?

Anonymous said...

rah rah rah