Saturday, July 10, 2010

Kissing bandit

I kissed two new guys last weekend.

I know - I recently mentioned that I wasn't planning to date new guys. This is still semi-true. And I'm not planning to *date* either of the guys I kissed -- I was away for the weekend, and each one was kind of a one-off.

[Note: this weekend location is one of those summer destinations where people tend to hook up left and right. I've been going here for a few years, and have kissed maybe three guys there in all that time -- which is nothing compared to the hooking up that most people engage in. If you're interested in details about this summer fun spot, write me at loverville@gmail.com ]

Friday's guy: eight years my junior. Cute, and funny, but not the kind of guy you'd swoon over. We kissed til about 4 am.

I saw him out the next night -- we chatted a bit, then went back to hanging out with our respective friends. I later saw him and his friend with two new women, and (foolishly) felt a little stab in the ego when I noted that "his" woman was quite a bit younger and thinner than I. Then I went back to having a blast with my friends, and decided that's what I'd rather be doing anyway.

He later walked me home, and we had a five-minute kiss goodnight... and I realized this was something that would never work in "real life". But it was fun while it lasted. (ha - all 5 hours of it...)

The next day, I decided that I wanted to kiss someone new, and identified the perfect candidate: a sweet, cute, but somewhat shy guy who didn't live in NY. Perfect! Let's call him Sunday Guy. By 1 am, we were bouncing on a trampoline while wearing togas, before laying back in said trampoline, gazing at the stars and smooching. A perfect summer night.

What of Jon Hamm, you ask? He's still in the picture -- though I must admit, at the moment I'm feeling summery and flirty and noncommittal. At the same time, I'm enjoying hanging out with him -- it's been once a week, on average -- perfect. He's still sweet and thoughtful and gives great foot rubs. No need to wonder where this is going right now -- there will be time for that, if this continues.

Ah, summer!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, my guy is double eight years my junior. age is meaningless but it's often a handy reason for why a relationship is going nowhere. although, to be fair, almost all relationships go nowhere, even those with a typical age difference.

we had to fill out our ages on the marriage license application!

as for the never-married status: i believe it is definitely better for a man over 40 to have a failed marriage than to have never married. experience has shown that those in the latter category are total commitmentphobes. i would guess jon hamm will be out of the picture by labor day. whatever made him unable to find a suitable woman for the last two decades will make him unable to find a suitable one in the future.

--PT

mimi of sexagenarian and the city said...

bouncing on a trampoline in a toga...why haven't _I_ ever done that??

more power to you, L'ville!
xx

Loverville said...

PT: since 50% of marriages end in divorce, I'm not sure if the fact that he's never been married carries any relevance.

Anyway: he's sweet and thoughtful, which is much more important to me. I'm just relaxing and enjoying the ride right now.

Mimi: it's not too late if you want to bounce on a trampoline in a toga! I'll send you info.

Lifebeginsat30ty said...

Wow, can I have your life? Kissing, trampolines, and togas? Sweet!

Anonymous said...

Boy.....you sure like to "SMOOCH"

Anonymous said...

Yes but all of it is meaningless...you still are very far away from having what you really want LV! I do not see you any closer than you were months ago...no progress is being made.

jgo said...

Sounds fun...I'm going to email you to find out where...

Loverville said...

re: the anon who posted at 9:45 pm -- I have to say, what I want changes every day. Some days I want a serious relationship -- other days, I just want to be noncommittal, and flirt with new guys. (and kiss them, and bounce on trampolines with them)

I *can* say that I'm very happy with where I am now ... today... and I'm just going to take it from here.

I *do* still like Jon Hamm -- it's been about 7 weeks since our first date. We're just taking it at a nice, slow pace. Who knows - maybe something will develop there, maybe it won't. Only time will tell.

Anonymous said...

I think you are fooling yourself.....

Loverville said...

Thanks for your opinion, but obviously, you don't know me.

Like I said -- this is how I'm feeling TODAY. That could change in an hour, a day, a week. It's not a black / white situation.

Loverville said...

And... case in point, my feelings have changed again (will post about this shortly). Had a wonderful night with Jon Hamm last night, and feeling very warm and fuzzy about him right now, and have no desire to smooch other guys.

Will I be feeling noncommittal again tomorrow? Maybe. But it's still early with us, and no need to decide anything right now.

More to come...

Caleb said...

Foot rubs? All-night kiss fests?

What kind of wimps are you dating!

You need a Marlboro man's man who will just bang you like a salvation army drum in the alley!

Or not.

Nice blog!

Tiia Jones said...

OMG this place sounds like so much fun! I'm ready to pack my bags! Not sure what Anon's problema is but methinks the anonymous isn't getting any snogging or trampolines in togas. Summer smooches are the best.

healy said...

I've never than that really. . .lol It freaks me out! kissing till 4 am?wow! super lips:)