Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A 2nd date... a 6th date... a first date... and a blast from the past.

Since last time:

* date #2 with James Beard. Still on the fence about him. Kissed for the first time at the end of the date. He asked if I'd like to get together over the weekend - said he'd touch base the next day. Didn't hear from him til Sat, the day of the supposed date. I replied that I couldn't make it, but we'd "figure out something soon". Felt like a mutual brush-off, which was just fine.

* Had another date with Austin Powers, our 6th or so? Nice mellow evening. Seeing him again later this week, making it three weeks since we'll have seen each other. Feeling nice and easy -- there's an attraction there, but no crazy fireworks. And maybe that's OK? Anyway -- I'm enjoying taking it slowly.

* had date #185 -- ie, the 185th new guy I've gone out with since March 2005. First met this guy last summer -- he asked me out then, but I had a boyfriend. As soon as he saw my "single" status on Facebook when Jon Hamm and I broke up, he asked me out again. It took til this week to get together. I had a feeling he might not really be my type -- seemed a bit nebbish-y -- and I was right. Nice guy, but SO not for me.

* Teen Crush. We dated for a few months in late 2007, then he moved 1500 miles away. We occasionally emailed in a friendly, platonic way -- but I've never quite stopped having some kind of lingering feeling for him.

Well -- he's planning spending some of the summer in NY, and said he'd "love love love" to get together. When he and I were dating, I was at least 15 lbs thinner -- huge incentive to go to bed NOW so I can go for that run in the morning...

I told my shrink about him earlier tonight, and she told me: "The way you just smiled about him? I haven't seen you talk about any other guy like that". Sigh!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are silly

Anonymous said...

Welcome back from wherever! Good to have you dating and blogging again (I need a distraction from work!).
-Mimi

Anonymous said...

185 guys in six years. That is about 31 per year, or less than 3 per month, or around .6 per week. That is actually not a huge number when you amortize it over time. They add up, like compound interest, so it sounds like more than it is.

--PT

datingsite said...

We occasionally emailed in a friendly, platonic way -- but I've never quite stopped having some kind of lingering feeling for him. It is really true for us.