Sunday, May 15, 2011

Copy and paste.

Every so often, I'll discover that a guy on Match or OK Cupid has written the EXACT same email to me and another friend. I'm just amused by the sheer laziness of this.

Let me know if you've gotten this one -- this guy has sent me this same message... twice. A week or so apart.

I was thinking there aren’t any cute girls on this site, I come across your profile! Care to drop me a line? ps well endowed here! Cheers, D

Well, nice to know in advance that someone is well-endowed. Anyway -- no response from me -- he lives too far away, somewhere in NJ. Delete.

Weight Watchers update: I went to a meeting a few days ago, and weighed in at 150.8. Ouch. For most of my thirties I was about 140, and even then, I felt a bit chubby. For the past few days, I've been doing mostly well on program -- I made the mistake of eating a whole bag of Jelly Bellys at the movies last night -- but I'm writing everything down, and overall eating less / healthier than I'd been recently.

Weigh-in day is Thursday -- will keep you posted! I'm committed to this. I HAVE to do this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got the same message from the same guy on Match *3* times over a period of 2 or more years, but once it was adjusted for the season: he had a pseudo-poetic sentence about the leaves he saw through his window...The third time he sent it, I cut and pasted his previous messages and sent them back to him (pathetic on both sides...).
Mimi

Pretty Young Thing said...

I've had guys send me the same exact message twice in the same day or the very next day.

Others have sent me a message...then messaged me again with something more elaborate.

I'm left scratching my head wondering how they could be so dumb...or desperate??

jgo said...

Does this mean you are NOT in your 30s anymore? Good luck with WW.

Anonymous said...

I don't think sending the same form letter is too terrible. After all, everyone is fungible until you meet, E-dating is pre-dating.
But announcing his well-endowedness is just stupid and disgusting.
--PT

Nathan said...

I think some of that repeat message stuff reflects the number of fake profiles out there. But certainly, some guys are just lazy as well.