Monday, February 6, 2012

Yet another long-overdue update... this one with good news!

When I last wrote, Dec 14, I wrote that I had three dates lined up for the following week.

I'm happy to report some positive news: one of those guys is still in the picture, a month and a half later. Not only that -- I'm liking him more and more, and (wow!) seems the feeling is mutual.

Before I get to my giddy news -- I'll fill you in on some of those other December guys:

Guy #172: (the one who kissed me the way a pelican might try to swallow a huge dolphin): he actually wrote to me a week or so later, saying he'd had a really nice time, but had been on a few dates with somone else, and wanted to see where it would go. I graciously replied that I understood, and wished him the very best.

#207: 8 or so years my junior, seemed fun and interesting. On our first date, we had wonderful, pricey cocktails, then street truck tacos -- my idea of a good night. Wound up smooching in a Chase bank vestibule. Made plans for the following week -- and he called to cancel two hours prior, saying he wasn't feeling well. Never heard back from him again -- just as well.

Then there was My Current Awesome Guy (#206) -- will come up with an appropriate blog name soon.

On the first date, we had a nice enough time. Good kissing, good conversation -- but I've had enough of those on first dates to know that that doesn't guarantee a second.

He emailed the next day to say he'd had a really nice time. We went out again the following week. And again shortly after that.

Fast-forward -- we've now been out nine (9) times. Yes, I keep track of these things. And he's just plain awesome. Cute, smart, thoughtful. When I was out of town for two weeks at one point, he continually stayed in touch -- even on days when he knew I wouldn't have email access, just so I'd have his notes to come back to.

Last week, I was feeling under the weather on a night we had plans -- he brought me red tulips (my favorite), and we had a low-key night, skipping the party we'd planned to go to.

I've sometimes dated guys in the past who I felt weren't really right for me because I felt that I "should" try to like them -- they were nice guys who deserved a shot, but in the end, I had to admit to myself that I just wasn't feeling it.

There's no "try" with this one - I just plain like him. It feels really good – and really easy – and really promising. No angst. No worries that I’m trying to like him because I “should”. I just do. A lot. And the fact that the feeling seems mutual makes it all the better.

More to come! Wish me luck in the meantime... this weekend, we're going to meet a few of each others friends for the first time...!

And if you have an appropriate blog name for this awesome guy -- well, I'm open to suggestions!

7 comments:

The Girl From Back Then said...

Good for you love :) Keep us updated!

Anonymous said...

Luck, luck, luck!

Why not call him Luck?

Sounds super promising. Best of luck!

--PT

Lifebeginsat30ty said...

yay! Super thoughtful nice guy that you like back? Score! Can't wait to read more :)

bella said...

How about calling him AG, for Awesome Guy, since that's instinctively how you named him here yourself.

Or JAG, for Just Awesome Guy.

midnite99 said...

You could call him Barney, because he's so awesome. :) (do you watch HIMYM?) Sounds wonderful - so happy for you! Best of luck - I hope it just gets better and better.

J @ DaydreamGourmet.com said...

Hooray, hooray, hooray! Such fantastic news, and the mutual "like" sounds so peaceful and easy. Just as you deserve!!

Anonymous said...

I wonder how long this one will last.....